We all know QuickBooks is one of the most leading accounting software. It is being used by many small to mid-level companies. Sometimes we need to upgrade the QuickBooks to the latest version. Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version it’s a bit complicated task. Because after updating QuickBooks user faces a lot of problems sometimes even they cannot open the company file or it might give you some error or if you don’t know how to update file it might damage your QuickBooks data. So, updating the QuickBooks is bit technical.
The reason because we need to go to windows directories to make changes in the Installation files, folder or Software registration files. Before we begin Installation, we need to uninstall QuickBooks so that it will not Overwrite the QuickBooks Installation files. So, in this blog, I am going to teach you to update QuickBooks to the latest version step by step. And for updating the QuickBooks to the latest version I am going to perform the clean installation of the QuickBooks.
How to Remove QuickBooks from the Computer?
- To remove the QuickBooks, first, you need to take the backup of your company file.
- Once you successfully backed up your company file Go to the Installed program list, over there you need to find out the Installed QuickBooks version.
- If you don’t know how to go to the Installed program list or how to find out the QuickBooks into the program list, Press windows button from the left-hand side bottom corner on the keyboard, while holding the Windows key down you need to press the letter R (Windows+R).
- It will give you the run box. In the run box, you need to type in Cpl.
- It will give you the new windows with all the Installed program list. Over here find the Installed QuickBooks version, Select the QuickBooks and then make a right click, once you do the right click it will give you two options first, one is repaired and the second is remove or uninstall. Click on uninstall and follow the Instructions.
- Once the program is uninstalled Successfully. You need to restart the computer to make changes in the system registry
Our next step is to run a malware scan on the computer to update QuickBooks
Malware scan is also a mandatory task because if your computer is infected by any type of malware it can damage your QuickBooks Setup files as well and it can interrupt your installation. So, it is necessary to run a malware scan in the computer to prevent the Installation errors.
Perform the QuickBooks Clean Installation
To perform the clean installation, we need to replace the old QuickBooks Installation folders with the .old extn. You need to add .old after the folder name by renaming it. Because if you install the QuickBooks without removing the old folders it will also give you an error. It cannot complete the installation. So, to prevent these types of installation errors we need to rename all the folders and replace them with .old extension. So, here we need to go to the following directories to rename the folder and complete the installation.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit (64-bit)
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
These are the mandatory task we need to perform when you upgrading QuickBooks to the newer version.
In case you require more assistance with Update QuickBooks Desktop, you are welcome to contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number 1-805-257-5030. They should be able to update your QuickBooks with no issues.