QuickBooks is widely considered as the easiest software for accounting management to use when it comes to create, issue and schedule recurring invoices to repeat customers. Now, all the editions in QuickBooks allow you to suitably edit and view bills, invoices, and vendor accounts with ease.
You can even construct invoice templates for particular customers with specific fields and a unique look. Once you have created the invoices in QuickBooks, the software will instantly email the invoice to the customer when the ledger entry has been made according to the approved schedule.
How to Create Recurring Invoices in QuickBooks?
Payments and processing invoices by means of QuickBooks lets you scale the process and make sure the accuracy throughout the workflow.
- Open QuickBooks and from the main screen, select Invoice from Quick Create.
- Choose an existing customer or add a new one.
- Populate the fields required for products, services, costs, etc.
- Mark the online payment option as on for faster payments.
- Click Save.
- An email preview will now appear on the screen with the option to choose the desired payment method.
- Click Send.
Following are the steps to Memorize Recurring Invoices
- Go to Create Invoices.
- Choose invoice-to-be-memorized or create a new one.
- Click on Edit and check Memorize Invoice.
- Select the desired options from a new window. The options such as Add it to my reminder list, do not remind and Automate Transaction Entry on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, etc have been included.
- Click OK.
- Choose Memorize Transaction List from the List bar and see whether your task is completed. You could also select to create groups from the Memorized Transaction List and directly open the Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Transaction Groups.
- For all automatic transactions, QuickBooks will verify by asking you to click Yes during login.
Steps to create Recurring Invoices
- Choose Recurring Transaction from Gear.
- Click on New from the Recurring Transactions list.
- Enter Template Name and then choose Type from the box near the Template Name. Select the Type Scheduled.
- After populating the Customer’s Name and email address, check the automatically send emails box in Options.
- The form will now have fields like billing date and address.
- Populate the remaining fields and click on Save Template.
- To check the regularity in updates and developments in your recurring invoices, you can automatically CC the email to yourself to keep a record. Go to Select Gear, Company Settings, Messages and search for email me a copy. You can also find the invoice status to check for regularity.
- Then move to the Customers screen and select the recurring invoice customers. This will open all the transaction reports of a customer with the invoice status that is shown in the last column. If you find any struggle to follow the above methods, please contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
Activating Click and Pay Feature
For example, where you have to email an invoice to Customer. When the customer receives the email, they can choose the View Invoice Now option where a Pay Now tab appears on the top right corner of the screen. This gives the benefit of getting payments immediately and you will receive a confirmation email when funds are transferred into your account and concurrently invoice will be marked as paid. This tool lets you get faster and secured payments that are automatically adjusted in real time. If you have any queries you can give us a call at QuickBooks Support Number 1-805-257-5030.