QuickBooks Update error 12031 is a technical error from 12000 error series that appears at the time of updating Payroll or updating QuickBooks. This error usually happens due to the network time out or when the IP address not found which hampers the update process of QuickBooks.
Note: Before resolving QuickBooks Error 12031, you first need to check the configuration and the firewall of the PC. In case, the access or identification of QuickBooks has been blocked by configuration then, you need to reconfigure it.
In this blog, we will discuss all the causes of QuickBooks error 12031 as well as the easy solutions that will help you in resolving this error on your own.
Causes behind QuickBooks Error 12031?
Go through all the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 12031 as follows:
- If there is any issue with network connectivity.
- When the server is responding slowly, you may lead to QuickBooks error 12031.
- If the internet browser is not set as the default browser, then this may hamper the performance of your software.
- The required pages for the Software have been blocked by the internet or firewall settings.
- Due to invalid SSL settings.
You May Also Read About – QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
How to get rid of QuickBooks error 12031?
Given below are the best solutions that help you in resolving QuickBooks Error 12031:
Solution 1: Check the Settings of internet connection setup
- Open the Help tab.
- Choose the Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Click on Next > Done.
- Attempt to update QuickBooks again with the help of following steps:
- For QuickBooks 2008 & Later: Select Help > Update QuickBooks > Update Now.
- For QuickBooks 2006 & earlier: Select File > Update QuickBooks > Update Now.
Solution 2: Verify the Advanced & Content Advisor settings
- Select Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools > Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab > Globe icon > Content tab.
Note: Make sure that the content advisor displays Enable.
- In case, content advisor displays Disable then Enter the password and disable content advisor.
- Select the Connections tab and follow the steps written below:
- If you are using the dial-up-node (DUN) then, you are advised to select the Never Dial a connection option.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct ISP.
- Select the LAN settings.
- Verify the Automatically Detect Setting
- Clear the Use a Proxy Server
- Press OK on the LAN settings
- In the Advanced tab and follow the steps written below:
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings.
- Open Settings and place the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2
- Make sure that the Use TLS 1.0 is verified.
- Make sure that the Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 remains unchecked.
- Shut down the Internet Options Windows and press
- Shut down the Internet Explorer and restart your PC.
- Update QuickBooks and check Whether QuickBooks Error 12031 still persists or not.
Solution 3: Reset Update Settings
- Choose the Update Now tab.
- Select the Reset Update > Get Updates.
- If the QuickBooks programs stop working then check the following elements:
- Check the internet connection and the resolving instructions for payroll error.
- Check the internet security and firewall settings.
Solution 4: Verify the Advanced settings
- Launch QuickBooks and select Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the Internet Properties.
- Then, select the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that the advanced setting is same as you want.
- Choose Apply > OK.
We hope that the above-described solutions helped you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 12031. In case, you are unable to resolve this error on your own and want to get more assistance regarding QuickBooks Error 12031, then instantly get in touch with our team of Certified Experts at QuickBooks Enterprise Phone Support Number on 1-805-257-5030. You can talk to our technicians at any time.