QuickBooks offers its users with new and advanced tools and features for tackling day-to-day accounting issues. It assists in the management of tracking one’s inventory. One such tool is the QuickBooks Scan Manager which helps in streamlining daily tasks like attaching files to your invoices, sales receipt, bills, and different transactions. It also helps in importing and categorizing transactions.
The objective of this article is to familiarize you with uses of the QuickBooks Scan Manager and how to set it up for operations.
Uses of QuickBooks Scan Manager
The following are the uses and advantages of utilizing QuickBooks Scan Manager in your daily accounting tasks:
- You can attach files to various transactions with the help of QuickBooks Scan Manager. These transactions can include receipts, bills, invoices, and sales.
- Its functions are extremely easy to get a hang of. It doesn’t matter if you are an accounting expert or a novice.
- You can connect it to your bank accounts to import and categorize your transactions automatically.
- With the help of QuickBooks Scan Manager, you can automatically update your balance sheets, invoices, packing slip, and various other documents which saves a lot of time.
Now, we move on to the steps of setting up the Scan Manager.
Steps to set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager
The following are the steps to set up and run the scan manager for your personal or business purposes:
Procedure 1: Create your scan profile
- For the first step, click on the Docs option to open the Doc center which is located in the icon bar.
- Then, you will need to click on the option to scan a Document.
- After performing the previous step, click on the appropriate scan profile. Otherwise, click on the option to set up a new profile.
- Next, you will have to edit the name of your profile, and then click on the option to continue.
- Finally, you must adjust the settings of your profile appropriately and then click on the option to save and complete this procedure.
Procedure 2: Setup and Test your scanner
- To begin with, you will need to highlight your profile and then click on the option to select.
- Then, click on the scanner setup wizard which is located in the select scanner window.
- Next, you will have to click on the appropriate mode. Typically, it will be the Normal mode.
- After the previous step, run a check on the performance tests box and then click on the next option.
- Now, you must select the tests that you want to run and click on the next option twice to start testing your scanner.
- Finally, you will see the test page that you have scanned. Click a check on the ‘repeat this test’ option to check all of the modes boxes.
- Once you are done with the aforementioned procedure, click on Next option to continue testing in other available modes.
Procedure 3: Scan and add documents
- For the initial step of the procedure, you can start using your scanner after you have successfully tested all of the modes.
- Finally, all you need to do is just click on and select the ‘Attach File’ button on any of your transactions to attach the file.
And that’s about it!
We hope that this article proved to be ancillary regarding this application of QuickBooks. By following and performing the aforementioned steps as illustrated, you will be able to set up and run the QuickBooks Scan Manager properly in a matter of seconds. However, there are a few remote instances where even after you have performed all the steps accurately, you may be unable to avail the tool. In such instances, do not fret. Immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. The expert technicians at the QuickBooks support team will ensure that any issues that may be bothering you are alleviated.