As we know, QuickBooks has been specially designed for small to mid-sized businesses that help in managing the sales & expenses of your business. But, the user may experience various error codes while accessing QuickBooks. Likewise, the user might be facing one of the error codes “QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107”.
QuickBooks error code 2107 normally takes place when the user attempts to support the payroll profile with the active direct deposit in QuickBooks. Due to this error, the user’s profile automatically gets changed from Assistant Payroll to Basic Payroll.
In the following article, we have discussed instant solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107. Along with this, you can also learn the symptoms and causes of the error code 2107.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107?
The following is a list of symptoms for QuickBooks error code 2107:
- Your system crashes with QuickBooks error 2107 numerous times at the time of running any program.
- The PC displays “QuickBooks Error 2107”.
- Due to the slow response of the Windows on mouse or keyboard input.
- If the PC freezes for a while, the user may face QuickBooks payroll error 2107.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks payroll Error 2107?
The following is a list of all the possible reasons that can be the reason behind the occurrence of the error 2107:
- If the user has been erased some important QuickBooks records.
- Because of the corrupted Windows registry.
- When you have not installed QuickBooks properly.
- Caused by virus or malware attack.
- Corrupted QuickBooks files may also be the reason behind the error 2107.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
How can you fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107?
Here are the solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error code 2107 instantly. You just require to apply the solutions one by one:
Solution 1: Verify the Window Update
- First of all, you need to click on the Start button.
- Open the search box and type Update and press Enter.
- Now, a Windows Update dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Click on Install Update only when available.
Solution 2: Repair Windows Registry
- Choose the Start icon.
- Launch the search box and write “command”.
- Do not press Enter yet.
- You need to press Ctrl + Shift key simultaneously.
- Launch the box with the permission dialog box and press Enter.
- Now, a cursor is blinking with a black box on your screen.
- Type Regedit and press Enter.
- In the File menu, choose the error 2107 to get back to the Window registry.
- Select the folder where you need to save the QuickBooks backup file to ensure that the “Selected Branch” has been selected in the Export Range box.
- Now, you need to save the file with a .reg file.
- In the end, the user will get the backup of the registry entry related to QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Access Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”)
Note: A system file checker is a tool that is used for Windows and permits you to scan and restore the corrupted files in the Windows system. You have to follow the steps to access the Windows System File Checker (7, 8, 10, Windows, XP, and Vista):
- Click on the Start button.
- You have to type “command” in the search box. You don’t need to press Enter.
- Press Ctrl + Shift key.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- After that, choose Yes.
- Now, a black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- Click on “sfc / scannow” and press Enter.
- The windows system file checker will automatically start scanning the error 2107 and other issues.
- Follow the instructions.
Solution 4: To undo the recent changes, use Windows System Restore
- Firstly, choose the Start icon.
- Open the search box and type “System Restore”.
- Now, you need to press Enter.
- Choose System Restore.
- After that, type the administrator password only if required.
- Follow the steps to select a restore point in the Wizard.
- Restore the PC.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H505?
The Aforementioned solutions of QuickBooks Payroll Error 2107 have been surely helped you in resolving the same. In case, QuickBooks error 2107 does not get fixed by applying all the above-mentioned solutions, then the user requires to get in touch with an expert or a technician who has extensive experience regarding the QuickBooks software. The method to get in touch with an expert on our team is to dial the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. We have a team of highly experienced experts who can resolve your issues with no time.