QuickBooks Product and License Number is a unique code which helps you to install QB properly. You can find this code in your email or on the scratch card. Many times, the product and license code turn out to be wrong then you need to change it and try again.
In this article, you will get all the relevant information related to QuickBooks Product and License Number.
How to Add License in QuickBooks?
Follow these steps to find out the number of licenses you have:
- Open QuickBooks and press F2, this will open the Product Information
- In the upper left corner, you will see the number of User Licenses.
If you want to know the pricing information for adding more users then follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open QuickBooks and go to Help
- Now, choose to Manage My License and then select Buy Additional User License.
- After that, click on Add Seats Online link to know the current pricing.
For buying additional user licenses, read the steps below:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
- Choose Manage My License and then select Buy Additional User License.
Important: If you cannot see the Buy Additional User License, it means that QB is at the maximum user’s allowed.
- Now, install QB Desktop on other systems depending upon the number of licenses you have purchased.
- You need to use the same license and product numbers to install QB Desktop.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to activate the QB Desktop.
How to Find Missing License and Product Number?
- The license and product numbers are available on the scratch sticker present next to the UPC code.
- Installation number is also present in the confirmation mail you received while buying the product from Intuit.
- The main computer system where you have installed the original product:
- Begin the installation by inserting the CD. The process will start automatically.
- Now, choose Reinstall.
- After that, note down the numbers mentioned in the License and Product Number window and select Cancel.
- The fulfillment email when the latest QuickBooks version launched.
Change QuickBooks license and product number-
For Windows Users
You can update or change the license and product information in QuickBooks without uninstalling or reinstalling the program.
Access the file via QuickBooks
- Firstly, press F2 then F3 to open the Tech Help window.
- Go to Open File tab then choose QBREGISTRATION.DAT
- After that, choose Open File.
- Now, create a backup of the qbregistration.dat file.
- Save this file on your Desktop.
- Open the file again from the Tech Help window.
- Lastly, shut down QB but keep the qbregistation.dat file open in Notepad.
Open the file through Windows Explorer
- First of all, you need to open QB common files.
- Location:C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Right-click on qbregistration.dat file.
- Choose to Open the file with Notepad.
- Now, create a backup of the qbregistration.dat.
- Save the file on your Desktop.
- After that, re-open the file from the Common File window.
Edit the qbregistration.dat file
a. VERSION number=”29.0″ (2019), “28.0” (2018), or “27.0” (2017)
b. FLAVOR name=”QuickBooks Pro=pro, QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition) = superpro, QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition=accountant, Enterprise Solutions = bel, Enterprise Solutions Accountant Edition=belacct.”
- Find the QB version for which the license and product number needs to be changed.
- Replace the InstallIDcorrect product code. Follow this format: XXX-XXX and make sure that you don’t remove any brackets.
- Replace the license number with the appropriate number. Use this format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX. Do not remove the brackets.
- Save the file and reboot your system.
- Now, relaunch QB Desktop.
- Press F2 to open Product Information
- Verify that License and Product Number have been changed.
For Mac Users
- First of all, open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- Go to the Menu and choose to Manage My License.
- After that choose Deauthorize This Computer
- Once it is done, click on Deauthorize and Quit.
- Finally, you have to re-open QB and follow the registration methods. This will enable you to enter a different license and product number.
Wrong QuickBooks License and Product Number:
Many times, QuickBooks activation doesn’t work due to the wrong QB License and Product Number. Therefore, follow the methods given below to fix the problem:
Change QuickBooks License Number (Windows Users)
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to Help
- Now, select the option Manage My License.
- After that click on ‘Change My License Number’.
- You need to enter the New License Number and click on Next and Finish.
- Finally, restart your system.
Modify License Number and Product Code
- First of all, open Tech Help window and press F2 or CTRL+1.
- After that, you have to press F3 or CTRl+2.
- Click on the Open File tab and then select ‘qbregistration.dat.’
- Choose Open File and the file will open in Notepad.
- Now, create a backup for qbregistration.dat’ file.
- In the end, close QuickBooks.
Amend License Number and Product Code (MAC Users)
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks Desktop for MAC.
- Go to QuickBooks Menu and then click on Manage My License
- After that click on Deauthorize this computer.
- A prompt dialog box will open, you have to click on ‘Deauthorize and’.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks again and follow the instructions to enter a different license number.
For further details, you can speak to our ProAdvisor. They hold great knowledge of QuickBooks and can guide you properly. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.