QuickBooks is an accounting platform, designed to target small, medium and large enterprises. It is developed to review the financial records of the business and make proper financial reports. QuickBooks and its counterparts offer assistance in various business situations. There can be situations when you will get a message that “QuickBooks has stopped working”.
When you get to know that “QuickBooks has stopped working”, it means something improper has been done to QuickBooks application. This is the common feature with which a user has to go through. Sometimes, there are errors related to it, but sometimes, nothing has happened, only QuickBooks has just frozen.
Why QuickBooks undergo the Error – “QuickBooks has stopped working”?
There may be many reasons for this issue. Some of the possible causes are listed below:
- This may be due to the corrupt and improper installation of your QuickBooks software.
- Your company name on QuickBooks is too long.
- QBWUSER.INI file is either damaged or missing.
- Error while updating your Windows operating system, or corrupt and improper installation.
- Presence of corrupt program files.
- There might be corruption on your hard drive.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks is not responding:
- While opening QuickBooks, the message is displayed saying “QuickBooks has stopped working”. QuickBooks stops working and nothing happens. This is also known as freezing.
- Also, every application that is active at that time, crashes or stops working.
- Windows work slow or hang while using the current program.
You May Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
How to Fix Error– “QuickBooks has stopped working”?
1. Use QuickBooks diagnostic tools:
- Download the QuickBooks diagnostic tools by QuickBooks (QBinstall Tool)
- For that time, close every opened program on your computer and run QB install tool
- Restart your computer and check whether all the components are updated.
2. Disable the anti-virus momentarily and reboot your PC
Reboot your computer and restart. If the problem still persists then disable your anti-virus temporarily.
3. Try renaming QBWUSER.ini file
- To rename the file, locate where is your file stored. Right-click on the file and rename it under the rename option.
- While renaming, add .old at the end of the file like QBWUSER.ini.old.
- If your company file still doesn’t open, then try copying the content of the file to another folder and open it from there.
- If you still are not able to sign your file then probably your company file is corrupted.
- In case you are not even able to open a sample file, then your installation is corrupted.
4. Reinstall your QuickBooks using the QuickBooks clean install
When a simple install or uninstall doesn’t work, we can uninstall QuickBooks desktop, rename all the leftover files and then reinstall QuickBooks.
5. Create another user account on the pc by changing the pc settings
QuickBooks has a team of professionals that have expertise on how to deal with the software and solve every error. Effortless customer service is present their support service is available 24 by 7. Technical and online support is always there to comfort customers. Customers can contact at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-805-257-5030 for offline queries.