QuickBooks File Manager is a very useful application that has been manufactured for the QuickBooks Accountant version, and the QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant version. It allows you to store your company files and your login credentials (QuickBooks username and password) all in one place. You can also use this application to import your clients QuickBooks files, as well as helping you update from one version of QuickBooks to another.
You may access this tool using an icon present on your Windows desktop. It is also accessible from the Accountant menu in your QuickBooks software.
- You can manage all your passwords and user IDs in one place using the Password Vault.
- In case you require the same list of login credentials is needed on another system, you may use the File Manager backup feature
What can you do in the QuickBooks File Manager?
You can easily perform the following functions in the File Manager tool for QuickBooks:
- It allows you to build client lists that can create a digital view of your hard drive.
- You can group all the QuickBooks files owned by your group clients depending on their type.
- It contains the locations of your clients’ company files.
- You can save your clients login information. Use the Password Vault to open your clients file from the list, and easily login without having to look them up again.
- You can upgrade multiple versions of QuickBooks simultaneously for your clients.
- It allows you to create definable groups of clients.
You May Also Read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15227?
How to use the QuickBooks File Manager?
- You can organize your client folders, as well as your companies. They will be placed in a directory that is based on the user type.
- It organizes company files for each client based on the file extensions.
- It records the login credentials required to access each file individually.
How to start working on the File Manager?
You can access the QuickBooks File Manager in three different ways, including:
1. In your QuickBooks Accountant menu, click on QuickBooks File Manager.
2. From your Windows desktop, you can find the icon and double-click it.
3. Use your Start Menu, Click on Programs, go to QuickBooks, and then click on File Manager.
Note: Please make sure that you access the latest version of the tool.
How to import QuickBooks files?
- From the QuickBooks File Manager, find the Clients drop-down menu.
- Click on Add clients via, and then select the Update Client List Wizard.
- From the Update Client List Wizard:
- Import from client folder names
- Import from QuickBooks Filenames
- You can also directly drag and drop these files into the File Manager tool.
How to open a company file from QuickBooks File Manager?
- Simply double-click on the file.
- Find the Files drop-down menu, and select Open in QuickBooks.
- You can convert files using Files > Restore to QBW/Convert to QBA.
What is the Password Vault?
The Password Vault of the QuickBooks File Manager is used to store all your login credentials (usernames and passwords) for all your company files. You can manage all the passwords you have saved with this tool. If you would like to manage your login info for the Password Vault, navigate to Password Vault > Change Password Vault login.
We hope this blog helped you better understand the usage of the QuickBooks File Manager. If you would like a more detailed explanation of the tool, please contact at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-805-257-5030. We are awaiting your call, and are ever-ready to help you.