If you are also facing QuickBooks Error Code 6177, you are stuck at right place. We are here to explain the error in the detail and provide you the effective solutions to get rid of the same. Additionally, you will be aware of the causes of the same in the following blog.
Introducing – QuickBooks Error 6177
QuickBooks Error 6177 0 generally occurs at the time of opening the company file. This error appears with a message “QuickBooks is trying to launch this company file”. This message indicates that the QuickBooks is unable to use the path to the company file. The main reason for the error 6177 when the user is using QuickBooks multi-user mode.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6177 0 appears?
QuickBooks error code 6177 occurs when this accounting software attempts to use the path to launch the company file but failed to do so. This happens if the user doesn’t use the server where QB has been located to open the QuickBooks Company File. The following are some other possible reasons, go through all of them:
- When the company file gets corrupted, you may face QuickBooks error 6177 0.
- If you have mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related system support files.
- When the user has been moved the company file on another system.
- Due to the Trojan attack.
Troubleshooting solutions of QuickBooks Error 6177 0
The following is a list of all possible solutions that can be applied to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6177 0:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Software
The first solution to get rid of any error is to update your accounting software to the latest release. This will help you in maintaining compatibility with the operating system and also you can resolve many bugs and errors that can hamper the workflow of your business by updating the software. So, it is recommended to you to update QuickBooks to the latest release.
Solution 2: Move the company file to the local hard drive.
- First of all, you need to choose the company file from the server to the C drive.
- Then, launch the company file from the C drive in QuickBooks.
- Create a portable file port from the C drive and save it to the server.
- Now, choose the company file.
- In the end, try to launch the file from the server.
- Solution 3: Fix the File Path Manually
- Launch the File Explorer on the server PC and search for the QuickBooks folder.
- Search the file with the company name (.ND at the end).
- Right-click on the ND file and choose Delete. These steps will not affect your accounting data.
Solution 3: Access QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- First of all, you require to download and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Access the Windows start menu on the server PC and write type database in the search box to open the database server manager.
- Choose the QuickBooks folder which contains the company files.
- Now, you need to click on the Start scan option.
- After that, choose the close option after the scanning process is completed.
- At last, the user needs to run the folder permissions to share the company files.
Solution 4: Update the location of QB file.
Whether you keep the company file on the server, cloud or on an external hard drive, it needs change in the location. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to move to the local drive and saved it back to the previous location.
Steps to move the QB Company File.
The following steps should be followed on the server computer. In case, the user is not accessing the company file on the server, then do not need to worry. The following steps can also be applied to the workstations:
- Launch the windows start menu on the server or on the workstation.
- Write “File Explorer” in the search bar to open the file explorer.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder. You can also click on F2 to get the location.
- Now, search for the company file that ends with QBW.
- Note down the drive name and the location.
- In the end, the user needs to move the company file from the folder C: drive. You just need to move the company file not the whole folder.
Creating a portable company file and restore it to the server.
- You should keep in mind that the company file is on the local drive and you can now create a portable company file.
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop on the system where you have moved the company file.
- Now, you need to click on the open or restore an existing company.
- Launch the company file that has been moved to C: drive.
- After that, you can make a portable company file.
- Click on the file menu and then, click on Quit QuickBooks.
- Restart QuickBooks and open the file menu.
- Choose open or restore company > restore a portable file > next.
- Search for the portable company file that has been created earlier and click on next.
- To restore location, the user can choose the drive the user originally moved the company file from.
- Click on Save and keep the company file back on the network.
- Choose the file menu > Quit QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
If you are still unable to fix QuickBooks error 6177, you can download the QB doctor file to resolve it. This tool will fix the error by scanning and cleaning up the company file. Also, the location of the company file will be refreshed by this tool. If this tool resolves the error 6177, then don’t forget to create the back up of your company file.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6177 may appear to be a difficult task to QuickBooks clients, however, in the wake of experiencing the above-mentioned solutions, it may get simple to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6177 on your own. Even after applying the aforementioned solutions, you are still facing the same issue frequently, then you are advised to get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. Our team of QuickBooks experts offers solutions to resolve all error codes, issues, and specialized glitches. Accordingly, don’t hesitate to call us at any time.