Have you at any point run into an error wherein the wake of refreshing Windows to a higher form your printer started giving an error message “Printer not Activated, Error code 20“. The error springs up on the screen at whatever point a client attempts to print a compensation slip, form or a pdf utilizing QuickBooks Desktop application. A few users have additionally encountered this error while messaging solicitations to their clients. When the client clicks the OK button on the error message window, the framework shows “Couldn’t print to a printer. Check your printer choice. Printing may have been dropped from another program”. Right now, we will examine the QuickBooks error code 20 causing elements and its investigating strategy.
What Causes “printer not activated error code 20”?
Different reasons cause QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error – 20 to show on Windows with the error message :
“You cannot print straightforwardly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter. Have a go at utilizing QuickBooks Save as PDF menu alternative”
Incapable to change error code 20
- QuickBooks PDF converter isn’t fittingly arranged.
- QuickBooks variant you are utilizing isn’t good with the windows you are utilizing.
- Outdated Windows and QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Windows has registry errors.
- Incomplete or degenerate the establishment of QB programming.
Basic Points to Examine before Rectifying Printer not activated error code 20
- Make sure you are not utilizing a suspended adaptation of QuickBooks, each QuickBooks variant is useful for a long time from the year it is propelled.
- If you have refreshed Windows rather than introducing a new one then consider reinstalling a crisp duplicate Windows on your framework.
- Make sure to refresh QuickBooks Desktop programming and Windows drivers.
- Ensure that you are signed in as an administrator on Windows.
- If you have two distinct renditions of QuickBooks introduced on your Windows, then ensure that the two have diverse establishment catalogs.
- Try introducing the 32-piece form of Windows in the event that you are utilizing Windows XP or Vista.
IN-DEPTH TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX PDF CREATION PROBLEM ERROR 20 IN QUICKBOOKS
Investigating Step 1: Stop UAC (User Account Control) from Monitoring Application on Windows
- Press Windows + R key on the console and type Control Panel inside the Run window.
- Hit OK and navigate to User Accounts leveled out Panel.
- Now select Change User Access Control Settings and move the slider to Never to Notify.
- Hit OK and restart your PC.
Investigating Step 2: Switch to Built in Administrator record to Fix Printer Not Activated QuickBooks Error Code 20
Investigating Step 3: Delete qbprint.qbp and wpr.ini Files from QuickBooks Installation Folder
- Open Windows File Manager and explore to C:\Program Data \Intuit \QuickBooks organizer.
- Right-click and erase qbprint.qbp and wpr.ini files from the QuickBooks organizer.
- Now erase qbprint.qbp and wpr.ini files from C:\Users \All Users \Intuit \QuickBooks organizer.
Investigating Step 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop Print and PDF Repair Tool
Adhere to the guidelines referenced in our article on Using Print Repair Tool to evacuate any misconfiguration and printing errors in QuickBooks consequently.
Investigating Step 5: Check Default Email Program in Windows Registry for Repairing Error 20 while messaging solicitations
- Press Windows + R key together, type order Regedit, and press OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER – > Software – > Clients – > Mail.
- At the left side board, browse the default email name, in the event that it isn’t the default email program you are utilizing, then double tap the Default area and type the name of your email program.
- Hit OK and afterward Restart Windows.
Investigating Step 6: Activate Windows Print Spooler Service
- Press Windows + R key on your console together and type services.msc in Run window.
- Press Enter and quest for the Print Spooler administration in the administrations list.
- Right snap the Print Spooler support and select Start.
- Try printing any report utilizing QuickBooks once more.
Investigating Step 7: Reinstall QuickBooks utilizing QB Clean Install Tool
Follow our article on QuickBooks Desktop Clean Install Tool for point by point guidelines to perform a perfect establishment of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows PCs.
Investigating Step 8: Set Full Control Access for the Software Folder in Windows Registry
- Hit the Start button on your console and type Regedit.
- Right snap the Regedit symbol and select Run as Administrator.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG envelope and right snap the Software organizer inside it.
- Select Permissions and check Full Control for the Users.
- Click OK and close Registry Editor.
- Open QuickBooks and attempt to print a pdf to check on the off chance that you are as yet getting error 20 in QuickBooks or the issue is settled.
In case the issue perseveres then don’t freeze as we are constantly here for the assistance, we comprehend that altering Windows registry requires a profound comprehension of Windows working framework and not all QuickBooks users are capable right now. You can generally contact us at our QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-805-257-5030 to interface with one of our QuickBooks Desktop specialists who will promptly amend QuickBooks Error code 20 for you in the briefest time conceivable.