As we all know, QuickBooks is a popular accounting solution in the market. QuickBooks offers lots of versions to its users such as cloud-based accounting software (QBO), desktop versions, etc. All the versions consist of exciting features and functionalities. But, being an accounting software, users have to face various error codes while working on QuickBooks. One of the error codes that might be experienced is “QuickBooks Error 12002”.
The error 12002 occurs at the time of using the internet connection in QuickBooks Online. This happens due to slow internet or network timeout.
In the following article, you can get all the possible causes of QuickBooks error code 12002 and solutions to get rid of the same. Firstly, we are going to define QB error 12002.
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
QuickBooks Error 12002 takes place when QuickBooks has not the ability to use the internet connection on the PC. Likewise, the user can perceive the error 12002 QuickBooks due to general internet associations departments. Along with this, you can also get the following error codes while utilizing the internet connection.
- QuickBooks Error 12002
- QuickBooks Error 12007
- QuickBooks Error 12009
- QuickBooks Error 12029
- QuickBooks Error 12031
What can lead to QuickBooks Error 12002?
There can be various reasons behind the error 12002 QuickBooks. Some of them have been written below:
- The user may get the error code 12002 because of incorrect SSL settings.
- When the internet connection has been disrupted by internet security or firewall settings.
- Improper internet connections is also a cause of the error 12002.
- The Internet Explorer has not been set as the default browser.
Methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error 12002
Listed below are the solutions in order to deal with QB error 12002 QuickBooks.
Method 1: Verify the Internet Connection
- First of all, go to Help and choose Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the option “Use my computer’s Internet Connection setting to launch a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Choose Next and click on Done.
- You need to try the update again:
For QuickBooks 2008 and later: Click on Help > Update QuickBooks > Update Now.
For QuickBooks 2006 and earlier: Select File > Update QuickBooks > Update Now.
Method 2: Reset Updates
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- After that, you need to choose Reset Update.
- You have to select Get updates.
If you are failed to update the program after applying the aforementioned steps, then follow the steps written below;
- Check the Internet connection.
- You can check the Internet security and firewall software.
- Run Microsoft Windows in safe mode and download it again.
Method 3: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
- You first need to shut down QuickBooks.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the Internet Options under the Tools.
- Now, you have to set the security settings to Medium-High in the Security tab.
- Select the Globe icon and choose the Content tab. Make sure that you have enabled the content advisor.
- If the content advisor is disabled then you need to type the password and disable content advisor.
- Choose the Connections tab:
- You need to choose Never Dial a Connection only if you don’t use the dial-up node (DUN).
- Ensure that you have selected the right ISP. Choose OK.
- Select the LAN Settings. Ensure that “automatically detect settings” have been marked.
- Now, you need to check that the Use a proxy server is clear.
- You have to use a proxy if the port is port 80. You can uncheck the Use a proxy box. If not so, then you don’t need to check the proxy box.
- Choose Ok o the LAN settings.
You May Also Read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
- Click on the Advanced tab and select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Place Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Mark the Use TLS 1.0 box and unmark Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Choose OK to shut down the Internet Options window.
- Shut down Internet Explorer.
- Restart the PC.
- Launch QuickBooks and try to update it.
To Sum Up:
QuickBooks Error 12002 is not much tricky to fix from your end. You will be able to resolve the same by going through the above article. We have tried to provide you all the effective solutions via this blog. Subsequently, you are still experiencing the error code 12002, don’t need to worry at all. We suggest you dial our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. You will get instant technical assistance regarding all issues related to QuickBooks.