QuickBooks is prominent accounting software that has been utilized by multiple business owners for many years. Well, there is no doubt in saying that QuickBooks comes up with numerous features and functionalities. But, we can’t ignore the fact QuickBooks is nowhere back in displaying error codes and bugs. At this point, we are here to discuss one such error code that comes across while using QuickBooks in multi-user mode i.e. QuickBooks Error 6210.
This post contains all the causes behind the error occurrence and the possible solutions to fix the error code 6210. If you find any difficulty in applying the following solutions, get in touch with us.
Introduction of QuickBooks Error 6210
QuickBooks Error 6210 mainly takes place when one of your company files is using the hosting file. It is related to the multi-user error that may lead to a crash of the program window. In addition to this, you may face the same error code at the time of shutting down, installing, accessing, or uninstalling QuickBooks. It is suggested to first detect the root causes behind the error occurrence and then try to fix it manually.
See also : How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
What triggers QuickBooks Error 6210?
Let’s look into the following list that consists of the causes accountable for the QuickBooks Error 6210.
- An improper installation of the QuickBooks application may lead to the error code 6210.
- Because of a corrupted or damaged accounting register.
- Due to the third-party application, you may come across Error 6210.
- A virus or malware on the device may also create an issue.
- Because of the uninstallation of the application related to the software.
Things to consider before fixing QuickBooks Error 6210
- Make sure that you are working on the up-to-date version of the QuickBooks.
- It is mandatory to create a backup of the QB company files.
- Use the file doctor tool to resolve the Error Code 6210 before heading for the following solutions.
Appropriate fixes to deal with QuickBooks Error 6210
After understanding the causes behind QuickBooks error code 6210, you might be looking for solutions for the same. Here, we have stated all the solutions that can be applied on your own. Let’s proceed further and check out all of the solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Resolve QuickBooks Error 6210 Manually
Follow these steps if you are facing an error while running the file locally.
- Initially, rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- After that, go to the company data file to run the sample file.
- Copy the company file and restore the backup data file.
- Lastly, you need to save the backup file having the extension ADR.
Follow these steps if you are facing an error while running the file over the network.
- Firstly, make sure that hosting is turned on all computers.
- Now, choose Rename to give new titles to .ND and .TLG files.
- Launch the QuickBooks database server manager again and run the sample company data file.
- Open the task manager and shut down all QuickBooks-related processes.
- You need to check the folder permission on your PC.
- Lastly, make sure that the antivirus software and firewall ports are accessible.
Solution 2: End Hosting the Multi-User Access
- The initial step is to choose the File option.
- Go to the Utilities and then click on Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access.
- Lastly, check whether QuickBooks Error Code 6210 has been resolved.
Solution 3: Disable Anti-Virus software & Anti-Malware
Various third-party security applications may give rise to unexpected error codes in QuickBooks. So it is recommended to disable anti-virus software or anti-malware to deal with QuickBooks Error Code 6210. You will not be able to work on the company files because of such third-party security applications.
Solution 4: Utilizing the Clean Install Tool
- The first thing is to create a backup of the financial data.
- After that, install the QB clean install tool.
- Double-click on the downloaded to launch the tool.
- Now, agree to all the license agreements and click on the QuickBooks version.
- Choose OK.
- Lastly, run the tool to detect and resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6210.
Solution 5: Run Disk Cleanup
- First of all, click on the Start option and type “command” in the search box.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys and press Enter.
- Choose Yes when a permission dialog box will pop up on the screen.
- A black blinking cursor appears on the screen.
- Type cleanmgr and click on the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
- Now, you may see the most of the disk cleanup space is occupied by Temporary Files.
- Finally, choose OK.
To sum up
We assume that QuickBooks Error 6210 has been fixed after taking the assistance of the aforementioned post. We have attempted our best to write down all the possible solutions in one place. Even after attempting all the feasible solutions, you are still going through the same error, again and again, it is recommended to hire an expert of our team by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-805-257-5030. You are free to reach us all round the clock to get instantaneous technical support.