Are you having trouble with QuickBooks Desktop? If so, please cater to this article so that we are able to help you and teach you how you can resolve your QuickBooks problems. QuickBooks error code 6000 82 is one error code that causes hindrance in the working of QuickBooks software. This is caused due to many reasons and this is why we want you to read this.
What is QuickBooks error 6000 82?
QuickBooks error 6000 82 takes place when you try to open a company file. The error message shown is: “An error appeared when QuickBooks examined to open the company file.”
The error displays that QuickBooks cannot locate the company file, which is preserved on a different device in the network. This type of error usually takes place while you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode.
How to Resolve QuickBooks error 6000 82
If you want to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 82 we have supplied more than one solution to you. If the first solution is helpful enough, then please do not move to the next.
Solution 1: This is the first method that you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 82
- Ensure that your QuickBooks is updated.
- Terminate the accounts of QuickBooks Online from all systems, containing smartphones and tablets.
- Rename the company file by right-clicking on the file name and choosing the Rename
- Click on the company file by highlighting it and select the F2Now, separate the spaces from the point of the company file name and the extension of the company file name.
- Launch QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
Note: In case the above-given solution did not resolve the problem with your QuickBooks Online then, please follow the second solution stated below.
Solution 2: This method can also help you to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82 in most cases
- Disable the Hosting multi-user path option. Within QuickBooks Online go to the File menu, choose Utilities and press on the Stop hosting multi-user path disable the Hosting feature will disable the multi-user services.
- A confirmation message will occur on your screen. Choose the Yes
- Launch QuickBooks Online from your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and try to open the company file.
We hope that the solutions given above have solved your problem.
Thank you for visiting our site. Please contact QuickBooks Enterprise support number 1-805-257-5030 for further assistance. We really want you to consider us for all your needs so that we are able to help you.