QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software that helps its users in managing sales and expenses. This software provides its users with lots of features and functionalities. However, after being such great software, users may face some error codes and messages while working on QuickBooks. These error codes may be irritating for anyone. QuickBooks Error 3371 is one of those common errors that might be disturbing you while using QuickBooks.
The following blog describes the causes that may lead you to QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 and the methods to deal with the same error.
Introduction of QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Error 3371 is a common error that happens when QuickBooks failed to load license properties or when the user is unable to open the unsaved company file. Additionally, this error takes place when the software license is invalid. You will see a message on the screen that indicates “Error 3371: QB is unable to load license properties. The main reason behind this is the damaged or missing file.
Causes behind QuickBooks error code 3371
The following is a list of all the causes that may cause QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118:
- Due to damage in the MSXML document which is associated with the Windows operating system. This system helps you to access your software.
- A missing or damaged file or component that is mainly required by QuickBooks desktop.
- When the user attempts to open the company file without saving it.
- If Windows has been outdated.
- Due to damaged QBregistration.dat file which consists of license information.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H505?
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Before troubleshooting QB Error 3371, you need to remember the following points:
- Check whether the windows have been updated to the latest release.
- Make sure that the Windows operating system is not corrupted. Since it may be the reason behind the error 3371 QuickBooks.
Apply the following methods in order to get rid of QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. Hopefully, one of the listed methods will surely resolve the error:
Method 1: Retitle the Entitlement File.
For Windows 7 Users
- Run the path C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client.
- Retitle the Entitlement file.
- Once you have started QuickBooks, it will make a new file automatically.
- If you failed to view the data folder, then go through the following steps:
- Launch the PC and click on Organize.
- After that, you need to select the Folder > Search Options.
- Choose Hidden Folders and Files.
- In the end, you can launch QuickBooks and check whether the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 still persists or not.
For Windows XP Users
- First, click on the Start button.
- Now, search the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file by entering the following path
C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Choose OK.
- At last, you need to give a new name to the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
Method 2: Update Windows Operating System.
- Choose the Start button.
- Now, click on All Programs > Windows Update.
- After that, you require to check for updates.
- At last, install QuickBooks again and update it to the latest version.
Method 3: Erase the ECML File.
- Press and hold the Windows + R on the keyboard.
- Now, you have to enter the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the Windows Explorer.
- You have to erase the ecml file.
- Shut down the window.
- At last, you will be able to access QuickBooks and need to register the items again.
Method 4: Install Windows Update.
- First of all, you should update the windows to the current version.
- Choose All Programs.
- Select Windows Update.
We expect that the above blog assisted you in dealing with QuickBooks Error 3371. One of the aforementioned methods will surely fix the error. You can easily fix the error 3371 QuickBooks by performing any of the methods. If the above methods did not fix the issue and you want a permanent solution to get rid of the same error, then you are recommended to get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. Our team of experts will help you in fixing any kind of issue related to QuickBooks. You are free to call us at any time.