While using QuickBooks, an error might be popped up ”QuickBooks Error 3140”. So Why does this Error occur and what can be the effects of this error? This article will provide you detailed knowledge about the possible causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error 3140.
Possible causes of QuickBooks Error 3140 and why does it occur?
QuickBooks error 3140 might be pop up during the software installation or while you are running QuickBooks. It can also come across at the time of the start-up or shutdown of the windows. It is suggested to keep the track of when or how QuickBooks Error 3140 is displayed. There can be several possible causes of occurring this error.
- First and foremost, the reason behind this Error can be the corruption of QuickBooks download or software gets incomplete
- If a user has made any change in QuickBooks or any related software, that changes can be the reason for windows registry corruptions.
- QuickBooks error 3140 can also be caused due to malware infections in the system. It may result in corruptions of files in windows system or QuickBooks related program files.
- Another cause can be the removal of QuickBooks related files maliciously or mistakenly.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
QuickBooks Error 3140 is a run-time error because of several factors. It is important to look at the reasons and troubleshoot the problem.
Solution 1: Fix through troubleshooting
- Firstly, repair all registry entries related to QuickBooks Error 3140.
- Then, scan the system if its malware-infected.
- Then clean up all unnecessary Temporary Files and with disk clean-up.
- Device’s drivers should be updated to their latest version.
- Make sure that you have a backup of your previous settings. To do this, create a restore point in windows system. so, you can use this when the changes required.
- Check if there is any program of files related to QuickBooks available if any, then uninstall and reinstall them back
- After doing this, the user needs to run a file checker in the Windows system.
- In the end, you are required to perform a Clean window installation.
Solution 2: A fix can also be applied through updates
- Click on the start tab.
- Search for updates in the search box.
- Then a window dialogue box will come up on the windows screen.
- If any updates are available, install them accordingly.
If you still facing QuickBooks error 3140, instantly contact at QuickBooks Enterprise support number 1-805-257-5030 to get assistance from one of certified technical experts.