Oops! Are you receiving an error message saying “we are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.” on your PC? If yes, then it means you are facing QuickBooks error 1712. The specific error occurs when your OS is damaged or system files get corrupted.
Now, you might have started thinking about how you are going to troubleshoot this error. So, let’s read the blog and resolve the issue. Before reaching the methods to troubleshoot it, you need to know its signs and causes for the same.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 1712
You may confront any of these signs while using the software:
- A blue screen will be visible on your windows screen.
- You will face issues while shutting down your PC.
- The input devices stop working.
- You will face issues at the time of shutting down your system.
- Your OS gets damaged.
- The system starts freezing.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1712
These are the causes that are responsible for QuickBooks error 1712:
- Malware, adware or spyware threats on your PC could also be the reason for the error occurrence.
- Damaged files in QuickBooks is the other possibility of this error.
- A few changes in the software could also be the cause of error 1712 QuickBooks.
- You may come across this error in case you try to install the software in a damaged folder.
- Due to some registry errors or corrupted files in your software the occurrence of the software’s error increases.
- It may occur if your company files are missing.
- The error occurred if you try to install the latest version of QuickBooks software without installing the old version.
After knowing its signs and symptoms it becomes easy for you to follow the methods. The structured method will help you in fixing QuickBooks install error 1712.
You May Also Read : QuickBooks Tool Hub
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1712
Follow these methods to resolve Installing QuickBooks error 1712:
Method 1: End the Process in the Task Manager
- Firstly, you need to press ctrl+alt+delete buttons simultaneously.
- Secondly, you have to right-click on the QuickBooks and then processes.
- Now, you need to click the end process button and close all the processes in the task manager.
- Finally, you need to reboot your device.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- First, you need to go to the official intuit website to download the QB diagnostic tool.
- Now, you have to install the tool on your PC.
- You need to make sure that you close all the system applications as well as the background application.
- You need to open the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- Thereafter, you need to search the option labeled as “I am having problems installing QuickBooks.
- You need to click ok.
- Restart the system and check all the changes are correct.
You May Also Read : QuickBooks Error Code 20
Method 3: Download and Install QB QuickBooks Desktop
- Initially, you need to the download page: https://downlaods.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products.
- Now, you have to click on change.
- You need to click on the product edition.
- You have to click on the desired version of the software.
- Finally, click on the download button.
Method 4: Modify the Application data path inside the Registry
- First, you have to click on start on your Windows and search for “regedit.exe”.
- Thereafter, you need to search the given path in Regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders.
- Now, you have to double-click on the entry app data.
- Next, you need to replace the original value with your local profile path.
- Lastly, restart your device.
You can try these methods to resolve error 1712 QuickBooks.
In the aforementioned blog, you must have got an idea of QuickBooks error 1712 occurrence. The blog has mentioned the software’s signs and causes to provide you the ease to troubleshoot the error. Along with this, various methods are given in a structured way to resolve this error. The methods are divided into 4 parts, you need to follow its steps carefully.
If you still face QuickBooks error 1712, then dial QuickBooks Toll- Free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. You can also contact the professionals in case you ever come across other errors related to the software.