QuickBooks is a business accounting software that was created and is marketed by Intuit. It assists small to large scale industries in managing their financial accounting responsibilities. Now, while using QuickBooks, you might from time to time come across some technical issues. One such technical issue is the QuickBooks error 15270.
The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that you must follow to resolve QuickBooks error 15270. In case you get stuck while performing any of the steps, you can contact the QuickBooks online support phone number. Now, before we go into the steps of mitigation, we must first understand the reasons that cause this error to occur.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 15270?
The messages for QuickBooks Error 15270 usually show up when a program is going through an installation procedure. This error also occurs when during Windows start-up or closure, an Intuit related software program is running. Other instances could take place during the installation of the Windows operating system. It is extremely crucial to keep in mind the duration and where your error code pops up. This is very important as it comes in handy while fixing issues.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270:
These are the steps that you will need to follow in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15270:
- First, restart your QuickBooks system. In case, a QuickBooks Update Service window appears, click on the Install Later option.
- Then, you will need to navigate to and click on the Help > Update QuickBooks section.
- Now, click on the ‘Update Now’ option of the Update QuickBooks section. Before you select the Get Updates option, mark the Reset Updates checkbox. Click on the OK option to confirm the reset.
- The Get Updates option will be activated once the update is complete. A message stating “Update Complete” will appear below the window. Then, restart QuickBooks again.
- You will have to click on the Install Now button again if the QuickBooks Update Service message appears again. Doing so will make the installation of the update successful.
- Next, you must browse to the section for Employees > Get Payroll Updates. Try to install the Payroll updates again. Make sure that you select the ‘Download entire payroll’ update and then choose to Update.
- This is a very crucial procedure in case you require further information. Doing so will prove to be ancillary in making QuickBooks operate in a smoother fashion.
- First, ensure that your subscription is in an active state:
- With Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Navigate to and select Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences section. Log into your Intuit Account to verify the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and your subscription activity.
- With Assisted Payroll: Navigate to and tap on Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences section. Check whether the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance is open or not. If it is, shut down the screen to prompt update and re-validation of your payroll service.
- This error may occur if you are using your Social Security numbers instead of employer identification numbers (EINs). It can also occur if you have not entered the Service Key yet. Run a personal inspection on these items in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, you will need to initiate the Reboot.bat program.
- Then, assure that internet explorer has been configured as your default browser. This can be done by opening the Internet Options menu and selecting the Programs tab. Under the Default Web Browser tab select the Make Default button.
- After that, you must switch your internet connection from wireless (or Wi-Fi) to hardwire.
- Disable the User Account Controls or turn it off (Windows Vista, 7 and 8 users only) temporarily.
- Now, you will have to select the option of ‘Repair QuickBooks Desktop’.
- In the end, go to the Selective Startup tab and carry out a clean installation of QuickBooks.
And your job is done!
We hope this article has helped you in getting rid of the QuickBooks Error 15270. There might be a remote chance of the error still persisting even after you have followed all the steps accurately. In such cases, the best thing to do is to contact the Quickbooks Enterprise support or call directly at toll-free number 1-805-257-5030 and seek assistance and guidance.