QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that has been introduced for small to mid-sized businesses. However, it can’t be said that QuickBooks is free of error codes and technical issues. Today, our main objective is to make you understand one such error i.e. QuickBooks Error 12152 that pops up because of improper Internet connection settings.
Here, we are discussing QuickBooks error code 12152 in detail. We suggest reading the following post wisely and find out relevant fixes to troubleshoot the error.
What does QuickBooks Error 12152 indicate?
QuickBooks Error Code 12152 mainly pops up because of incorrect Internet Connection settings. Because of this, QuickBooks may take a long to connect with the web servers and you may face errors while installing the latest updates. In addition to this, an older version of QuickBooks may also show the same error code. Nevertheless, you can fix this error by checking your internet connection. Let’s head over the undermentioned solutions one by one to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 12152.
Why QuickBooks Error 12152 occurs?
Before applying the solutions to overcome QuickBooks Error Code 12152, you must know the causes behind its occurrence. Let’s check out the following list.
- Due to the incorrect date and time of your system.
- When you have not set Internet Connection properly, this might display QB error 12152.
- You may face the error 12152 because of corrupted QuickBooks files.
- An improper installation of QuickBooks may corrupt your company files.
- Due to malfunctioning of Windows API.
- If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, this can affect your business workflow.
See also : How to fix QuickBooks Error 15271?
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12152?
Follow the undermentioned solutions to tackle QuickBooks Error Code 12152. To get further assistance, get connected with our technicians.
Solution 1: Modify the Internet Options settings
- Firstly, exit QuickBooks and choose Control Panel.
- After that, open the search box and type Internet options.
- Now, choose Internet Properties and select the “Advanced” tab.
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Finally, choose OK and access QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Check the date & time of your system
- The first step is to right-tap on the time and date section at the bottom right of the PC screen.
- Now, choose Adjust date/time and tap on Change date and time.
- After that, enter the correct date & time and click Apply.
- Choose Ok and Save the recent changes.
- Lastly, restart the PC.
Solution 3: Change the Backup File Extension using the Registry Editor
- Initially, choose the Start menu and write Command in the search box.
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys.
- Remember not to press the Enter key till an Account Dialog box appears on the screen.
- Choose Yes. And then, type Regedit and press the Enter key.
- Meanwhile, choose the key related to the QuickBooks Error Code 12152.
- Select the File tab and then choose Export.
- Find the folder to save the backup key.
- Write a name in the box to save the backup, then choose the Export Range box.
- Select Branch and click Save.
- Finally, ensure that you have saved the file with a .reg extension.
Solution 4: Restoring the System File and PC Settings
- The initial step is to log in to the system as an Admin.
- Choose the Start option and then select All Programs.
- After that, select Accessories and go to the System Tools.
- Now, click System Restore and a new window pops up on the screen.
- Meanwhile, select the Restore my PC to an earlier time option.
- Select Next on the System Restore option.
- Again, choose Next and select the latest system restore point.
- Next, tap on Next on the confirmation window and wait till the process gets completed.
- Lastly, restart the PC.
Solution 5: Reinstallation of the QuickBooks Software
- First of all, choose the Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the list of applications and choose Uninstall.
- Next, follow the ongoing instructions and download the .exe file.
- Meanwhile, install QuickBooks and select the Scan option after launching QuickBooks.
- Choose Repair All and resolve the detected issues.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks Error Code 12152 has been fixed.
At this moment, we have concluded the article on the topic of QuickBooks Error 12152. This blog includes all the required solutions to fix this issue. If you are still experiencing the error 12152 frequently on the screen, immediately contact us to get technical support. Our experts are all set to help you to make your software free of issues & error codes. To get in touch with us, you just need to dial a toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number.
Q1: What does an error indicate in QuickBooks?
Ans: Error codes might take place because of the data damage in QuickBooks or when QuickBooks is failed to read the company file.
Q2: What does an unrecoverable error mean in QuickBooks?
Ans: QuickBooks unrecoverable error shows that QuickBooks has encountered the critical application fault. You may face these error codes while accessing the company file or at the time of choosing save, print, or the ship icon.
Q3: How to resolve QuickBooks installation?
Ans: Here are the complete steps to repair QuickBooks installation.
- Firstly, press and hold the Windows + E keys altogether to open the PC Window.
- After that, select the Uninstall option.
- Now, choose your QuickBooks Desktop POS version.
- Again, tap on the Uninstall/Change option.
- Finally, choose Next and click Repair radio.
Q4: How to repair a corrupt QBW file?
Ans: You can apply the below-mentioned steps to fix a corrupt QBW file.
- Firstly, choose the File menu and go to Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data and tap on OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
- Now, you need to permit the tool to repair the file.
- Once the tool has repaired the file, choose OK.
- Lastly, select the File menu and run the tool to check the file.
Q5: How to run QuickBooks auto recovery?
Ans: You can get the lost from Auto Data Recovery by following the steps written below.
- First of all, launch the folder where the company file has been saved.
- Now, you need to create file extensions visible only when required.
- Select the QuickBooks ADR folder.
- Finally, copy the ADR file to the new folder.