While updating your payroll in QuickBooks, you may encounter the error message stating that “QuickBooks Error 15215 server not responding“. The reason for this error is the inability to verify a digital signature. This issue prevents further download or update of payroll. In order to resolve this error and proceed with the normal workflow, it is important to identify the root cause and then seek diagnostic help.
What does QuickBooks Error 15215 indicate?
While downloading a payroll update, the process is interrupted with a message that the update cannot progress due to QuickBooks error 15215. It indicates that the system failed to verify the digital signature. In some cases, all updates except the maintenance release updates are installed. QuickBooks errors like error 15215, make it difficult for users to execute routine tasks and therefore disrupt regular workflow activities.
What are the possible reasons for QuickBooks Error 15215 to occur?
The error may occur in the following circumstances:
- Incomplete or improper installation of updates resulting in some modules being updated, while the others are of the older version.
- There is a conflicting application running in the background. This application may be consuming a large bandwidth making it difficult for QuickBooks to connect to the server.
- The download is pre-empted by anti-malware, anti-spyware or any other virus-protection software. This happens because the anti-virus software assumes the download or update to be a threat and therefore does not permit its progress.
- Issues with the configuration of Internet Explorer.
- Any other reason for failure to verify the digital signature of the downloads thereby interrupting it.
- Issues related to internet connectivity that prevent downloads or updates from getting initiated.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL
How to resolve QuickBooks error 15215?
- If the issue is due to a conflicting desktop application:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the startup icon of QuickBooks and select “Run as administrator”
- Click on “Yes” for confirmation in the pop-up.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem is caused due to blocking by anti-spyware:
- Modify the anti-virus software to exempt the files exe and qbupdate.exe and the domains: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com.
- Once exempted, the anti-malware software will not interrupt QuickBooks updates or payroll downloads.
- If it is due to other digital signature verification issues
- Close any open QuickBooks
- Locate the file QBW32.exe using Windows Search
- Right-click the file and select Properties
- Navigate to the Digital Signature tab and select Intuit, Inc.
- Click details and then click View Certificate in the Digital Signature window.
- Click Install in the Certificate window.
- Keep clicking Next and finally click Finish.
- Restart the system and open QuickBooks again.
- If the problem is due to Internet Explorer configuration
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open the IE browser.
- Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Settings.
- Search for options Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Check the box for Use TLS 1.0 and uncheck the boxes for Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2
- Click OK, restart the computer.
- Launch QuickBooks and verify the error resolution again.
What to do if the user is not able to solve QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
In most cases where the user encounters the error is QuickBooks, the procedure above is enough to sort out issues. In extreme circumstances, where you cannot debug and fix the error, the user can call the QuickBooks customer care number and seek assistance. They will be more than ready to help users on these issues. Reach out to QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number 1-805-257-5030.