QuickBooks is high-end accounting software that runs on a high-resolution monitor. Basically, the resolution it requires is 1920×1200 DPI. You can incur QuickBooks display issues if you don’t have a high-resolution monitor.
QuickBooks can come under the bus of errors. Your monitor can turn into black and white, or both, as QuickBooks errors are incurring. But there is a reason for everything. The main reason for the occurrence of this issue is that you might be overusing the product.
When you go over-limit of anything, then it can be harmful, so the same is for the application. Your monitor screen can turn into an unexpected “black” screen, instead of the “white” screen.
What is QuickBooks Display Issues?
Let’s suppose that you are working on QuickBooks software; your monitor has a resolution of less than 1920×1200. In this case, QuickBooks Display Issues will surely occur to you, as your monitor display does not have that tendency to portray the right picture.
Make a list of indications of QuickBooks Display Issues
There are 2 main components which can surely make the performance of QuickBooks a top-notch:
- Microsoft Windows Resolution
- Font settings
However, if you don’t take care of the above two components on a timely basis, then you might have to face below:
- You cannot fit the Transaction Form into the screen.
- The sizing icons will not appear on the screen, which one is placed at the right corner of the screen.
- You will witness that there is Field Overwriting.
- Next, you will see the label disappearance.
- Buttons are not easy to found when this error hits.
- You will notice deformed screen resolution, especially, when you maximize and minimize the active windows screen.
- There are large fonts that start appearing on your screen.
A special note: This issue can be corrected by you. You can:
- Adjust your font
- Screen resolution
- Other window settings, for example, the DPI.
What is Dot Per Inch(DPI)?
- It is quite technical, but you as a QuickBooks user must know that the software is designed to work under the “Dot per inch”. The DPI in which QuickBooks software works is smaller -100%.
- There are many systems that have a higher resolution of more than 125-150%. It can majorly lead to display bugs.
Remedies to QuickBooks Display Issues
We have made a table of various solutions to guide you in the error.
Solution 1 – Full System Restart
- You must give a restart to your QuickBooks Desktop software application.
- Then, you can click the start button. After that, come on the Start Menu.
- In the start menu, you type ‘Task Manager’.
- Like this, click on the ‘Processes tab’ to visualize the on-going processes which are already running on your computer.
- In the Processes Tab, you should look for a process, namely, QuickBooks (32 bit).
- If QuickBooks comes under your sight, then click on the option: “End Processor Task”. If you can’t see any processes related to QuickBooks, then it gives a message that all the processes have been terminated.
- In the end, reboot your computer.
Solution 2 – Operating System Reboot
- You have to reboot your operating system; it can be any Windows whether the version is Windows 10 or 8.
- After that, open the start menu by clicking on the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Mind here, there is a Power option in Windows 10 & Power Option in Windows 8. Press them according to your operating system.
- Then, press the Restart button.
- Here you have to reboot your computer consisting of Windows 7, Vista, or XP operating system.
- Click the ‘start’ button on the Windows taskbar.
- For Windows 7 or Vista: There is a ‘small arrow’ that sits right to the ‘Shut down’ option
- For XP Windows: You can press Turn off the computer
- Choose Restart.
Solution 3 – Change Windows Theme
- For the first step, you should click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Make your way to Control Panel.
- Press Personalization on your computer system.
- At the ‘Basic & High Contrast themes,’ you can press ‘Windows 7 basic’
- Lastly, you have to restart your computer and see if there are any changes.
- Now, you have to initiate the QuickBooks application and check if the problem is still existing or not.
Solution 4 – Initiate Reboot.bat
- Firstly, begin with by right-clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Secondly, you have to make a choice to select “Open file location”.
- Thirdly, you have to right-click, from your mouse, and open ‘bat files’.
- There will come the option as “Run as an”. Select this option.
- Be double sure that you have initiated ‘bat file’ with Windows Administrator.
- Then, the file will give out a message. There, you have to choose between as bat or reboot.
- Afterward, there will appear a black window with a scrolling name.
- Wholly check that the problem is ended, or else restart the computer.
Solution 5 – Modify/edit QBW.ini file
- Go to Windows option.
- Type or copy paste the correct file path for your QuickBooks Version.
- Click Enter.
- QuickBooks 2018: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2018 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 18.0: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0 \QBW.ini .QuickBooks 2017: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 17.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini.
- QuickBooks 2016: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2016\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 16.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0 \QBW.ini QuickBooks 2015: C:\ProgramData \Intuit \QuickBooks 2015 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 15.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 15.0\QBW.ini
- Now go at the end of the file & copy paste the below given text into the file:
- Now save the qbw.ini file and Open QuickBooks to check on the issue.
Solution 6 – Update Video Card drivers to the recent release.
- Press the Start button.
- Navigate to ‘Control Panel’.
- Press the option ‘Device’.
- Right Click on the video card that appears, and choose ‘Update driver’.
- Choose ‘Search’.
- For Manual updates of drivers, write the video card’s name from the Device manager that is in the ‘display adapters’.
- Now go to the manufacturer’s site of your desktop and look for any tips from the manufacturer’s websites.
- Look for the option ‘Driver’.
- Enter video card’s name.
- Now, download the driver.
- Now Run the download from the chosen location & perform the On-screen instructions.
- Restart computer.
Solution 7 Change QuickBooks properties
- Firstly, you have to make a right-click QuickBooks Icon on your computer screen.
- Secondly, you have to left-click on Properties from your mouse.
- Thirdly, you can go to the ‘Compatibility’ option.
- Fourthly, go and check the option which lies next to: ‘Disable display scaling on high dpi/settings.
- Select Apply & then OK
- Lastly, launch your QuickBooks software application and see if windows are available.
Our QuickBooks Team
In conclusion, we would like to say that if you incur any QuickBooks Display Issues, then you can call our dedicated team at QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. We will guide and assist you in any issues of QuickBooks, whether it is related to QuickBooks icon or QuickBooks Display Issues. We are always there for you 24*7 to assist & guide you.