Increased cybersecurity issues have given a steep rise in QuickBooks Admin password retrieval process requests. Security is an important aspect and requires stringent measures to hold the information intact. There are some important tips that Change QuickBooks Password setting utilizes.
- You need at least 7 characters (e., letters, numbers, special characters)
- You have to use at least 1 number
- Use at least 1 Uppercase letter
- There should be no spaces
- Passwords are case sensitive
You might see a login screen that requires a ‘Password,’ if it does not ask for the user-name, then this is the ‘Administrator’s log-in screen.’ With the ever-increasing number of passwords over some time, it is possible that you forget few of these, and one such password is QuickBooks Admin Password.
Crack QuickBooks Admin Password with QB Password Reset Tool
In compliance with the stringent security measures, it is required that you enter the QuickBooks Password every time you are opening the company file. Moreover, it is required that you change QuickBooks Password every 90 days. To make things convenient, QuickBooks sends sufficient prompts to change the password when you are coming close to the password expiration date.
To retrieve your unique QuickBooks Admin password from the never-ending list of passwords, we need to perform certain steps. The steps are:
- Download the ‘Automated Password Reaset Tool’
- Now select your QuickBooks Version
Note: Select the last Opened QB version to open the company file. Moreover, ensure that version should be installed in your system where you are doing Password Reset.
- Enter QuickBooks License number, and Business information when you’re registering QuickBooks
- Click Next
- Agree & Accept the License Agreement.
- You will see the automated Password tool is downloaded. At this point, if you get a prompt that details given are not matching then log onto the Intuit account and ensure the below-listed details are correct.
- Authorized user name and the Email id
- Main Mailing address. Zip code presence is a must
- License Number
Note: If you have to select between RUN or SAVE option, then opt for ‘SAVE’ and keep this on your desktop.
- Now, RUN the ‘Automated Password Reset Tool’
- Fill in the token number that was received via email
- From the Desktop products drop-down list, select the QuickBooks version
- Select ‘Browse the Company file’ option and choose the company file that requires a password reset
- Fill in the ‘New Password’ and click ‘Confirm Password’
- Finally, choose ‘Reset Password’ to complete the process
Important Info– Even after completing the above steps, you won’t be able to log into the company file through the new password set, unless you fill the verification form again to get the token.
This is the end of this article. Hopefully, you understood well how to retrieve the QuickBooks Automated Password through the Password reset tool. If you need dig deeper, have specific queries or requirements for any additional information on any of the above-listed content, then contact a QuickBooks technical expert at QuickBooks Enterprise Support number 1-805-257-5030.