Wondering how to convert the QuickBooks company file from a different program without facing limitations? One of the difficult challenges is to find the appropriate tool to convert the company file. But, you do not need to worry at all. QuickBooks Conversion Tool can be used to convert your file from a different program. This is a free program that helps in importing your data into a new QuickBooks company file.
In addition, users can convert Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop premier/pro/enterprise software 18.0 through QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
NOTE: Before converting your company file, you are recommended to create a backup of the company file.
You will be provided with the steps of “How to use QuickBooks conversion tool?” in the following blog. Along with this, the requirements and the process of converting Quicken to QuickBooks and sage 50 to QB by using this tool have also been mentioned.
Requirements to Access QuickBooks Conversion Tool
The Payroll data can be imported and converted from different software. You need to meet the following requirements in order to use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- The first requirement is that QuickBooks must be installed and registered.
- The RAM should be greater than or equal to 512 MB.
- You need to have the installation of the NET 2.0 Framework.
- Install Peachtree (Version 2001 or later), Microsoft Accounting 2008, or Microsoft SBA 2006.
- The processing speed should be above 500 MHz.
- The Hard Disk Space should be of at least 2 GB.
- Intel Pentium II processor.
- You should have the login credentials of the Administrator.
You May Also Read: Quicken vs QuickBooks
Advantages of QuickBooks Conversion Tool
There are numerous advantages of the conversion tool. Some of them that can be availed are listed below:
- You need not compromise on data security while converting your company file.
- This tool helps you in importing the data from a new QuickBooks company file.
- This tool also provides you the option to list plus balances or import lists, and historical transactions.
- Helps in creating a log file of the conversion procedure to maintain your transactions. You can view all of them later if required.
- This tool captures the present status of the business.
- You can use this tool without changing the existing data of the files. This indicates that the conversion tool doesn’t affect the file data.
Before knowing the process to run the QuickBooks conversion tool, you also may know the limitations of this tool. The limitations of this tool have been listed below:
Limitations of QuickBooks Conversion Tool
You can’t convert many items in QuickBooks via QuickBooks conversion tool. Due to this, it indicates an error message while accessing this tool as the “QuickBooks Conversion tool is not working”. This message displays due to certain limitations to import account balances, transactions, and business data. The items that can’t be imported are listed below:
- Purchase Orders.
- Individual Employee Wage.
- Job Costing.
- Fixed assets items.
- Payroll item.
How to use the QuickBooks Conversion tool?
NOTE: Before using Conversion Tool, you need to make sure that QuickBooks must be registered and installed on the desktop. Along with this, you need to install either Peachtree or MS software on the PC.
Follow the steps written below to convert the company file by using QuickBooks Conversion Tool:
- First of all, open QuickBooks Conversion Tool by double-tapping on the application.
- Now, you have to choose one of the options between my client company and my own company.
- After that, select the accounting software that you need to convert from the drop-down box.
- Choose Next.
- Click on the browse to choose the company file and select next.
- Now, Select the QuickBooks Product and you need to change the location where you have saved the company file. Choose Next.
- Click on conversion level as per the list and transaction and choose Next.
- You have to select Accounting Preferences according to Name and Date. After that, click on Next.
- Verify the details entered by you and choose Start.
- Now, this tool will take some time to convert the company file. This depends on the size of the company file.
- In the end, you need to click on Finish.
How to convert Quicken to QuickBooks?
If you are going to convert Quicken to QuickBooks for the same year, then you can’t use this tool. If not so, follow the steps written below to convert Quicken to QuickBooks:
- First of all, install the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Open the Quicken Converter and choose Next.
- You have to accept the license agreement and choose Next.
- Click on Install.
- Choose Launch Quicken Converter and select Finish.
- Now, click on the option “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows”
- Choose to Get Started and select the option which displays “Open a data file located on this PC”. After that, click on Convert > OK.
- Save the Quicken file and choose Exit.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select File and choose Utilities.
- After that, you need to choose to Convert and choose the Quicken.
- In the end, follow the on-going instructions.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Online Versions Comparision
How to convert sage 50 to QuickBooks?
- You first need to run the Peachtree/Sage Company file access.
- Click on the Peachtree source company file selection.
- Check the results.
As we know, the QuickBooks Conversion tool helps you at the time of converting the company file to another program. You are provided with the steps to utilize the same tool to convert the company file. Hopefully, you have understood the procedure.
In case, you still have any issues and want to learn more about the same, then we advise you to call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.