Whilst working on QuickBooks there are instances where you might forget about your administrator QuickBooks password. It is actually a very common error to make. However, if you ever come across such a predicament, you need not fret. All you need to do is avail the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool. Needless to say, it will help you in recovering your data or creating a new password for your software.
The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that will help you in gaining access to and utilizing the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
Steps to gain access to the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
The following are the steps that you will need to perform in order to gain access to this application:
- Firstly, ensure that the QuickBooks version you used when you previously opened the company file is the same one that is installed on your computer when you go about resetting your password.
- Secondly, click on the QuickBooks version you previously used to open your QuickBooks company file this time around.
- Next, a screen will pop up requesting yours for your details. The purpose of this is so it can authentically prove that you own the account owner. Fill the screen with your details.
- After that, you must accept the License Agreement.
- Now, you will need to run the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Then, you will have to enter the token number received via email.
- Choose the same QuickBooks version from the products drop-down list of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Browse for the Company File and choose the company file that you want to reset the password for.
- Type in your New Password and then Confirm it by typing it again.
- Finally, click on the Reset Password option to end the process.
Details of the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
The following are the details which you will need to fill in order to use the application in full effect:
- License Number [Numeric Digits Only] [There is an additional “Where to find my license number” option as well for your assistance].
- First Name
- Last Name
- E-mail Address [You would need to confirm the e-mail address another time as well].
- If the e-mail addresses do not match, you would be asked to re-enter the e-mail ID.
- Additionally, your e-mail address might not be in the proper format, in which case, the same protocol will be followed.
- Business Phone Number
- ZIP Code
Note : Just fill in the appropriate details, and upon successful authentication, your password will be reset.
Finishing the procedure
- It is important to make sure that when it asks you to Access or Save, save it to your Desktop.
- Enter the token number you got via email in the Token Number field.
- Then select your QuickBooks version on the QuickBooks Products drop-down menu.
- Click Browse for Company File and select the company file that you want to reset the password.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Then click Reset Password.
And your job is done!
We hope that the aforementioned steps proved to be ancillary in you utilizing the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool effectively. Now, there are instances where even after you have performed all the steps accurately, you might be unsuccessful in executing the procedure. In such cases, feel free to get in touch with our expert technicians by contacting the QuickBooks Desktop Support Number +1-805-257-5030. They will ensure that any QuickBooks related issue that you are experiencing is resolved.