Are you still using an older version of QuickBooks? Well, if you are satisfied with the current version of your software, you are good to go. However, if you update the software to the latest version, then you can enjoy the new features and fixes introduced by Intuit. We all know QuickBooks is a widely famous leading accounting software in all over the world. It is being used by many small to mid-sized businesses for accounting and financial purposes. At times, we require to update QuickBooks to the latest release. Updating QuickBooks is a bit complicated task, but you can avail of new features after updating your QuickBooks desktop.
This article contains instructions on how to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
Points to Remember
You should keep in mind that it is not required to update the company file during updating to a news release. Before updating the QuickBooks Desktop, you need to check if you have the latest release:
- Click on QuickBooks Desktop.
- To run the Product Information window, press F2.
- Verify your current QuickBooks product and release.
Now, we are going to explain the methods of “How to update QuickBooks?”
You May Read Also: QuickBooks ODBC Driver
How to update QuickBooks Desktop?
In order to update QuickBooks Desktop, you have three methods that need a proper internet connection. Given below are the methods to update QuickBooks Desktop:
- Manual Update
- Automatic update method
- Immediate (On-demand) update
- Release Download
Let’s take a look of all the steps to update QuickBooks desktop through each method:
You first require to download the latest updates. Follow the steps written below to apply the Manual Update method to update QuickBooks:
- Firstly, you are required to close the company files and QuickBooks software.
- Now, click on the Windows Start menu.
- Navigate QuickBooks Desktop.
- You need to right-click the icon and click on Run as administrator.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop in the Help menu.
- In the Options tab, you need to Mark All.
- Click on Save.
- You have to click on the Reset Update checkbox under the Update Now tab.
- At last, choose to Get Updates.
After completing the update, you need to close and reopen the QuickBooks Desktop. In order to install the updates, click on Yes. After that, restart the computer.
You May Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6147?
Automatic Update Method
In this method, QuickBooks checks for the latest updates and download them automatically from the Intuit server when you are utilizing the internet. In QuickBooks, there is a feature of “default settings”. The updates will download automatically whether you are running the QuickBooks software or not.
In case, you can also disable the option of “Automatic Update”. After disabling this option, QuickBooks will stop downloading the updates. Otherwise, the process of updating the download to the latest release will be continued.
Steps to disable or enable the Automatic Update option
- Choose Update QuickBooks in the Help menu.
- Now, choose the Update QuickBooks window and select the options tab.
- You are free to choose Yes to enable the Automatic Update and you need to choose No to disable the option.
- Select the update you need to get and unmark the updates from the update section that are not required.
- If you want to disable the Automatic Updates, then QuickBooks will not get any notifications to updates the download. Although, updates are available on the Intuit server.
- Choose Save and Close.
If you are still facing the issue with the automatic update, then you can attempt the next method to update QuickBooks.
Immediate Update Method
In this method for QuickBooks update, you can directly download the update immediately on the PC from the Intuit server. You are free to select this option to update QuickBooks even if you have enabled the Automatic update in your software.
However, it is mandatory to check for updates once a month.
Steps to check for QuickBooks Update
- Click on Update QuickBooks in the help menu.
- Choose the Update Now tab.
- Select the updates that need to be downloaded. Then, choose to Get Updates. You can also go to the Updates Column and choose updates according to your requirements.
- Click on the Maintenance Releases link.
- A page will display in which the changes in the updates are listed.
- Now, you are required to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, during opening QuickBooks, you will be prompted to “install the update now or later”. You just require to click on it and get the installation done.
- Restart the PC.
You are strongly recommended to use the update feature to install updates. If you don’t want to use the update feature or facing issues in it, then you are free to install the available updates.
If you are using different copies of QuickBooks, make sure that to update all of them. This will help you in launching QuickBooks company files properly.
The process to share the QuickBooks update to all computers
- First of all, you are required to open the shared company file.
- Then, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- In the Options tab, you need to set the share download option to Yes.
- In the end, choose Save.
We hope that the aforementioned methods for QuickBooks Update helped you. Further, if you are facing any kind of issue or hurdle to understanding these methods, then you can get the support by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. We can provide you instant assistance at any time. You just need to get in touch with our experts.