Now and increasingly in the future, QuickBooks emerges as one of the powerful accounting applications which have modernized small to mid-sized businesses. The software comes up with extraordinary features that make accounting simpler. Whether it’s associated with record-keeping, inventory management, payroll analysis, etc. Though QuickBooks is an advanced application still it displays errors and other technical problems.
This article comprises the solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Error 108 along with the reasons behind the error.
What does QuickBooks Error 108?
QuickBooks error code 108 may display when you are unable to log in to the bank website or Financial Institution. Because of this error code, you can’t continue working on QuickBooks. This may happen because of entering an invalid username or password. You have to overcome QB error 108 as soon as possible to continue using the QuickBooks application. Now, let’s look into the following causes and solutions of the same issue.
Potential causes for QuickBooks Error 108
We have written down all the causes within the bounds of possibility. If you are experiencing one of them and looking for assistance, read the whole post.
- Issues with the bank server may lead to QB error 108.
- When you are failed to access the bank details, this may give rise to an issue.
- If you are not working on an updated version of QuickBooks, QuickBooks error code 108 may appear.
- Facing issues while logging in to the bank account because of invalid username and password.
Troubleshooting Solutions to overcome QuickBooks Error 108
Here, all the probable fixes have been mentioned to get rid of QuickBooks error code 108. You can apply the below-mentioned solutions one by one without the need for an expert.
Solution 1: Access System File Checker
- First of all, choose the Start menu and type the command in the search box.
- After that, press the Ctrl + Shift keys altogether and choose the Enter key.
- Now, choose Yes when the permission dialog box appears on the screen.
- A black cursor will display with a blinking cursor, where you need to type SFC/scannow.
- Press the Enter key.
- And then, the scanning process will get started by a System File Checker.
- Finally, you need to follow the ongoing prompts to resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Update your Windows
- Firstly, choose the Start option and then write Update in the search box.
- Now, you will get the Windows Update dialog box on the screen.
- Select the Install Updates option.
- In the final step, check whether you have installed the updates properly.
Solution 3: Try to Log in to the Bank Account
- The first step is to log in to the bank’s website.
- Next, search for the KB Details in the download transactions.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to enable the pop-up blocker.
- Finally, turn on the pop-up blocker.
Solution 4: Check the Firewall Settings
- Initially, login to the system as an Admin.
- After that, make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Check the firewall settings and ensure that it is not blocking the company file.
- Finally, click on the Internet Security Settings.
Solution 5: Disable Pop-up Blockers
- Firstly, login into the website of the Financial Institution or bank.
- Check out all the messages or notifications. Because of the pop-up blocker, you will be unable to read the messages. You need to disable it.
- Delete the unnecessary messages and open the QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Banking option present on the left side.
- Next, you need to select Update on the Banking page.
- Finally, check whether QB error 108 has been fixed or not.
Concluding the Article!
Expectantly, you have found this post fruitful regarding QuickBooks Error 108. There are fewer possibilities of facing issues while dealing with this error code. But, if you have got stuck in any issue and want an expert’s assistance, get in touch with our team by dialing a toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-805-257-5030. Our technicians have immense experience in resolving QuickBooks error codes.