QuickBooks is a well-known and popular accounting software in the market because of its exciting features and functionalities. You can avail many versions in QuickBooks according to your business requirements. After being a great software, users may face the error codes while working on QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks Error 6150 is also one of them that can hinder the workflow of your business.
We are here to explain “QuickBooks Error codes 6150” along with its symptoms and causes. After that, we will also provide you the solutions to get rid of the same error. You just need to read this blog carefully.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150?
QuickBooks Error 6150 1006 may take place at the time of launching the QuickBooks company file. In order to fix this error, you first need to understand the causes behind this error so that you will be able to fix it instantly. QuickBooks Error codes 6150 may affect your company file. So it is necessary to troubleshoot this error immediately.
Now, we have explained the symptoms and causes of the aforementioned error. Go through all of them.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 6150
If you are facing one of the following issues, then you might be facing QuickBooks Error 6150 1006:
- If the company file is opened on another device, QuickBooks error codes 6150 may take place.
- When the QuickBooks Company file is not updated.
- Before launching the company file, utilize a proper antivirus update.
- You may also face the error code 6150 when the error message is connected with the file-extension of the company file.
- If you have saved ‘QuickBooks for Macintosh’ in the Windows system instead of the Mac system.
You May Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
Check out the following list of all possible causes which are responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error codes 6150 and 1006:
- If the company file related to QuickBooks has been damaged, create a portable backup file.
- When the installation of the software is damaged or corrupted.
- The user launches a portable file (.qbm) without launching QuickBooks.
- If you have mistakenly entered Extension for the QuickBooks Company file.
- Due to a virus in the company file, you may get Error 6150.
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6150
Apply the following solutions one after another in order to get rid of QuickBooks error codes 6150. We ensure you that one of the below-mentioned solutions will surely resolve the error:
Solution 1: Verify virus or malware
QuickBooks Error code 6150 may happen due to virus-like CryptoWall or malicious programs. So, you need to check for such a virus in your software. Follow the steps written below to resolve the error 6150:
- First of all, choose the Windows Start menu.
- Write ‘File Explorer’ in the search field and launch it.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder and launch it.
- Now, write ‘decrypt or instructions’ in the files.
- If you are not able to find the aforementioned files, this indicates that your system is virus-free. Else, you need to get in touch with antivirus software provider CryptoWall virus removal.
First, we recommend you to remove the virus from your software before applying the next methods.
Solution 2: Restore the Backup
- Open QuickBooks and choose the file.
- Then, click on Open or Restore Company.
- You need to click on Restore a backup copy and click on Next.
- After that, from the Look-in drop-down menu, choose the location of the company file backup.
- Select the backup with .qbb extension.
- Click on Open.
- Now, in the Save-in-drop-down menu, browse for an appropriate location to restore the backup file.
- Give a new name to a new company file in the file-name field and save it in the format of .qbw.
- Choose Yes.
- To confirm the process, you require to type Yes.
Solution 3: Create a new QuickBooks Desktop file form scratch
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, you need to create a new company file in No Company Open window.
- Add the necessary information in the QuickBooks Setup Window.
- Choose Create Company.
- Create customers, chart of accounts, and services, etc.
Solution 4: Utilize QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
The QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool has been designed by Intuit that help in repairing the company file. You can resolve QuickBooks 6150 1006 by using ADR. The user may know the process of resolving the error 6150 by auto data recovery tool is lengthy and can take a few days to fix the error. You can add the accounting changes later on in QuickBooks during this process.
We expect that the aforementioned solutions of QuickBooks Error 6150 will surely help you in fixing the issue. We have also mentioned the symptoms and the causes of the same error in the above blog. The above-mentioned solutions are not very tricky to apply. But, sometimes, the user can get stuck while removing the virus or malware from the software. In such cases, you are suggested to contact us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.