QuickBooks is a popular accounting software but sometimes, users may face the error codes while working on it. QuickBooks Error 6000 is one of those error codes.
The user may face QuickBooks Error Code 6000 at the time of opening the company file. Due to this error, the user is restricted to access the company file. QuickBooks Error -6000 is followed by four digits and the different types of error codes of 6000 series are -6176 0, -6000 -107, -6210 0, -6012, -1061, etc.
In this blog, we will provide the solutions to resolve QuickBooks error -6000 along with ist symptoms and causes.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
The following is a list of symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6000:
- When you get an installation error code 6000 on your screen.
- If your PC runs slowly.
- PC freezes for a couple of moments.
- You are unable to run similar programs due to Error 6000.
What can be the causes of QuickBooks Error 6000?
We have mentioned all the possible causes that must be the reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error -6000:
- When there is a damage in the company files, then the user may get QuickBooks Error 6000.
- If the company file has been accessed by many users at the same point in time.
- You may also get QuickBooks error code 6000 at the time of damage or improper installation of QuickBooks.
- The user is unable to access the company file due to the blockage by Anti-virus.
You May Also Read – Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
You require to resolve QuickBooks Error Code in two cases. The first case is when the user is trying to open the company file over the network and the other case is when the user is trying to open the company file locally:
Case 1: Apply the following solutions when the file has been opened over the network.
Solution 1: Turn on Hosting
You need to turn on Hosting on all workstations. We recommend you to have one PC to host the company file and follow the steps written below:
- Click on F2. Then, you will have a Product Information window.
- Search for Local Server Information.
- You need to ensure that the Hosting is turned off.
Solution 2: Give new names to .ND and .TLG files
- Firstly, you require to go to the location of the company file.
- Find the files that consist of .ND and the .TLG extensions.
- Change the extensions by right-clicking on it.
- The file extensions should have the word .OLD at the end.
- Lastly, Restart QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To host the company files, you need to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. First, you need to start the database server manager and rescan the company files after renaming .ND and .TLG files. Follow the steps written below to access the database server manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- Choose the Network Issues in the Tools hub.
- Now, you need to select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- You have to install QuickBooks on the server only if it is not installed.
- Choose Start Scan in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Launch a sample company file
You can test whether QuickBooks Error Code 6000 is existing in the company file or not by launching a sample company file. If you are unable to access a sample company file, this indicates that the installation of QuickBooks is damaged and must be fixed. Follow the below-mentioned steps to open a sample company file:
- Open the No Company Open window and click on Open a sample file.
- If you can open a sample file, then apply the next solution. In case, you are unable to do so, then you need to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 5: Shut Down all processes related to QuickBooks
- First, you need to log in to as Administrator on the server PC.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the task manager.
- Choose the Users tab.
- You need to highlight QBW32.EXE, QBDBMgr.exe, and qbupdate.exe processes and click on End Task.
- Launch the company file in multi-user mode.
Case 2: Apply the following solutions if you are trying to open the company file locally.
Solution 1: Repair the damaged folder
- Firstly, create a folder on C:\ drive.
- Launch the fold her where you have saved your company file.
- Now, you need to locate the .qbw file.
- Choose Copy by right-clicking on the .qbw file.
- Paste .qbw file in the new folder.
- If you want to share company files, set Windows access permissions.
- Lastly, restart QuickBooks and open the file in the new location.
Solution 2: Utilize UNC Path
- You first need to select the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose an administrator by pressing the Ctrl key.
- Press the Ctrl key till No Company Open Windows displays.
- Hold down the Ctrl key that will prevent QuickBooks from auto-opening a company file.
- Choose Open or Restore Company in the File Menu.
- Choose Open a Company File.
- Press Next.
- In the left plane, select Network and launch the location of the company file.
- Now, to search the folder, you need to set the folder permissions.
- Lastly, click on the company file and press OK.
Solution 3: Copy the company file on QuickBooks Desktop
- Launch the company file folder.
- Search the file with .qbw extension.
- Copy .qbw file and paste it on the desktop.
- Hold Ctrl key and start QuickBooks then, No Company Open Windows pops up the screen.
- Select Open or restore an existing company and search the file that you have copied.
Solution 4: Use the QB Company File Tool
- Firstly, download and install the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool.
- If the tool finds the data damage then you will have two options:
- Meanwhile, use Auto Data Recovery to restore all the data.
- Restore the recent backed up company file.
- Finally, you can also send the company file to our Data Recovery Team.
Expectantly, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 on your own with the help of this blog. You can know all the symptoms, causes and the effective solutions of QuickBooks Error -6000 in this blog. If you are resolving a technical error for the first time, then we advise you to fix it under the supervision of an expert. In case, you want to get more solutions to get rid of the error 6000, then get in touch with our QuickBooks Experts at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.