Like life and priorities, you can create customizations in your QuickBooks reports too or can create QuickBooks Desktop reports. All that you need to do right now is to follow the steps mentioned in the article to be champ of customization.
How to create a custom report in QuickBooks?
Customizing your report using QuickBooks desktop:
1) Select the report you would like to customize in QuickBooks desktop.
2) Go to report tab > customize report > modify report > select the tabs one by one you would like to modify and make changes accordingly.
To change the QuickBooks Desktop Reports settings:
The following settings determine the elements that are displayed on the report such as:
- Data range: this determines the range of data (from-to) that should be displayed in the report. This could be done manually as when you click on the data range option you have the freedom to select from and to dates manually.
- Report basis: you can either view your report on a cash basis or accrual basis. Cash basis defines the received payments, while accrual basis defines the payments which are received as well as yet to be received.
define the columns that are to be displayed in a report:
In case of a profit loss balance sheet, there is a drop-down list from which you can select the way, you want to display the columns (the type of item, discount, ascending, descending, etc.).
In case of open invoices or unpaid bills, you have the liberty of choosing from the list of columns while you create a customized field and add the columns you would like to display.
Sorting drop-down: allows you to select arrange the entries in the column in a particular manner like A to Z or Z to A etc.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371, Status Code 11118
This varies in accordance with the kind of report in use:
1. For Vendor lists, transactions list, general ledger this is the scenario:
- In the advanced window: include >
- All: lists all the elements participating in the report.
- In use: includes the active elements.
- Open balance / ageing:
- Current > Displays the current open balances.
- Report date: displays the open balances between a particular range of dates (from-to).
2. In the case of profit and loss, summary reports, etc:
- Display rows & columns: includes-
- All: displays all the entry rows/columns.
- Active: Includes rows/columns which have some or the other active participator.
- Non-zero: displays the rows/columns with non-zero elements in an entry.
- Reporting calendar: Fiscal and income tax year displayed information depends on your company’s information provided whereas the calendar displays the information from January to December.
allows you to segregate the data in accordance with your need and condition
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add filters to the report.
- Go to Modify Report window > Filters tab.
- From the list of mentioned filters select the filters you want to add or use.
- In the filter, information box, enter precise information for ease of QuickBooks and filtration.
- Click on ok to save and apply the changes made.
Header footer tab:
- Header decides the information that is to be displayed on the top part of the report whereas footer decides the information that is to be displayed on the bottom of the report.
- Alignment drop-down is to change the alignment in accordance with your choice.
Fonts and number tab:
This tab alters the font size, color, styles etc, to make the report more presentable and neater.
The above article will surely help you in making your document more presentable and error free. Even if it is not able to do so, contact QuickBooks Enterprise Tech Support 1-805-257-5030 to resolve your queries.