The QBCFMonitorService.exe file is a software component of QuickBooks for Windows that was developed by Intuit, Inc. It is usually located in the “C:\Program Files\Common File\Intuit\QuickBooks” section. It runs on the PC or database server in a QuickBooks “hosting” configuration where company files are located. From there, multiple workstations signal it through port 8019 when new or copied Intuit update files are ready. It prepares these files to be turned into an application in the user’s Company Files.
Now, there are times when the QBCFMonitorService.exe might experience some sort of error. It is during these instances when you can receive the “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error” message.
When does “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer” error message appears?
The “QBCFMonitorService not running” error may occur while you are trying to gain access to a file in QuickBooks or when you are trying to start your QuickBooks application.
Why does the “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer” error message occurs?
There are several factors that can contribute to the occurrence of this error:
- The QBCFMonitorService.exe files have been corrupted due to a virus or any other malware.
- Windows registry errors might be contributing towards problems with QBCFMonitorService.exe file.
- exe file may have been mistakenly deleted by a program installed on the system.
- QuickBooks cannot communicate over the Internet because firewall software has blocked access.
- There is some sort of conflict between a program and QBCFMonitorService.exe.
- Installation of the QB software has not been done correctly or completely.
Steps to resolve the “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer” error
The following are the steps that you will need to follow in order to resolve the aforementioned:
Install all the necessary updates
- Repair the registry that is in association with QuickBooks Accounting Pro.
- Full scan your computer to detect if there is any viral infection.
- Conduct disk clean up to clean junks of your system.
- Update Device Driver of your PC.
- Uninstall the program associated with QBCFMonitorService.exe and reinstall it.
- Install windows updates.
Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Firstly, click on the Start button.
- Then, type “command” in the search box but do not press enter.
- Next, while holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- After that, you will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- For the next step, you will need to click on the Yes option.
- Doing so will open a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Now, type in “cleanmgr” and click on the enter option.
- Disk Cleanup will begin calculating how much occupied disk space you can reclaim.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with series of checkboxes you can select. In most cases, the “Temporary Files” category will occupy the most disk space.
- Check the boxes of the categories you want to clean and click OK.
Repair Registry Entries Associated with the QuickBooks Accounting Pro tool
- For the initial step, you must click on the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “regedit” and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the QBCFMonitorService.exe related key (eg. QuickBooks Accounting Pro 2009) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks Accounting Pro 2009 backup key.
- After that, In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as “QuickBooks Accounting Pro 2009 Backup”.
- In the Export Range box, be sure that “Selected branch” is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your QBCFMonitorService.exe related registry entry.
And your job is done!
We hope that the aforementioned information has helped you in getting rid of the error. Now, there are instances where even after you have performed all the steps accurately, you the issue will still persist. In such cases, feel free to contact the QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030. Our expert technicians will ensure that all your issues are dealt with.