QuickBooks offers various features and functionalities to its users. However, with various features, there are lots of error codes and messages that may take place while running QuickBooks. QuickBooks users may face errors that are usually associated with network issues or data-related issues or other online issues. QuickBooks unrecoverable error is also related to the same issues.
In this blog, we are going to discuss “What is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?” how does it look like, why this error occurs and how to troubleshoot it?
Defining QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The unrecoverable error QuickBooks is one of the common errors that may occur at the time of launching the company file or when the user attempts to save or print transactions. This error indicates that QuickBooks is facing “critical application fault”.
Additionally, QB unrecoverable error appears with different error codes that consist of 10 digits in a sequence of 5 digits space 5 digits. Some of them are listed below:
- 13730 84631
- 00227 55008
- 15563 13890
- 20103 33023
- 19758 63847 etc.
Symptoms of QuickBooks unrecoverable error
- At the time of opening the company file, QuickBooks crashes frequently.
- When QuickBooks is not able to save the transactions in your company file.
- If the user failed to update the software.
- QuickBooks freezes for a while.
Why you encounter QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
There can be many reasons that may lead to unrecoverable error QuickBooks. We have listed all of them below:
- QuickBooks unrecoverable error when opening the company file.
- While closing the company file, you may experience the unrecoverable error.
- When you try to save a transaction.
- When the user is trying to run the “Rebuild or verify functionality”.
- If you are spending the payroll through Direct Deposit.
- While creating a company file, a backup or a portable file, you may get QuickBooks unrecoverable error fix.
- If you have closed any open window at QuickBooks company file.
- When the user is attempting to update QuickBooks payroll.
Resolving QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
All solutions have been provided below. You just require to go through all of them one after another. One of the following solutions will assist you in getting rid of QuickBooks unrecoverable error code.
Solution 1: Prevent QuickBooks from opening all windows at startup.
One of the most attempted and tried solutions in order to resolve QB unrecoverable error is to prevent the application from opening all windows at startup:
- Firstly, you need to press the Alt key while tapping the QuickBooks icon twice.
- You need to release the Alt key and type the password at the point when the PC shows the prompt for the user password.
- Now, click on OK, and press the Alt key again at the time of application displays.
- After that, release the Alt.
Note: When the application appears, shut down all windows or just choose ‘Close all windows’ from inside the application before leaving.
Solution 2: Attempt to launch a Sample File.
On the off chance that you are as yet failed to launch the company file without confronting the QuickBooks unrecoverable error code, then you need to open a sample file by following the steps written below:
- First, press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the QuickBooks icon twice.
- Now, you need to press and hold the Ctrl key till ‘No Company Open’ appears on the screen.
- Select the ‘Open an example document’.
- Choose one sample file and access it.
Note: If the application prompts you to start to update the company file, then you need to click on ‘OK’. If you can open the company file without facing any error, then this indicates that the company file is damaged or corrupted which is showing the error message.
Solution 3: Copy QuickBooks Company File.
You can also get rid of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error by changing the location of the company file. The steps to copy the company file to the desktop have been listed as below:
- First of all, you have to launch the folder where the company file has been located.
- Now, click on Locate to search the QBW file.
- After that, you have to copy the company file and save it on the desktop.
- Access QuickBooks while holding the Ctrl key until QB shows ‘No Company Open’ on your screen.
- At last, choose Open, to open the company file you have copied.
Note: You are still facing the issue even after applying the above-mentioned solution, then this shows that the company file is damaged It can be resolved By QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 4: Utilize Auto Data Recovery
Under this solution, you need to restore the company file by using auto data recovery. This may also assist you in troubleshooting the unrecoverable error.
Solution 5: Repairing QuickBooks Software.
On the off chance that all the aforementioned solutions did not help you in resolving the unrecoverable error QuickBooks, then you can attempt to repair QuickBooks.
- Firstly, re-register QuickBooks in Windows by accessing Reboot.exe.
- Repair the Microsoft.NET file that has been installed on the PC.
- Now, complete a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- At last, use QB Component Repair Tool in order to fix all QB damaged files.
Solution 6: Update QuickBooks
You may update your QuickBooks to QB 2012 R14 that enables you to resolve all QuickBooks unrecoverable error. Go through the following steps in order to update QuickBooks:
- At the time of opening QuickBooks, press and hold the ctrl key.
- Choose Help.
- Now, select Update QuickBooks.
- Now, you need to select Update Now.
- Choose New Features
- After that, click on Get Updates.
- Once the QuickBooks desktop has been updated, close the application.
The aforementioned solutions will surely assist you in troubleshooting QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. You just require to apply all of them one by one. If you are facing any difficulty while dealing with the same error or you want to know some fix solution to get rid of the unrecoverable error instantly, then you are recommended to talk to one of our experts by dialing our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.