There are times when you might not be able to print the reports or checks in QuickBooks. This issue can occur due to several factors. It is imminent to know what these several factors are and resolve the issue to operate smoothly on QuickBooks. The most effective way to fix this issue is to make use of the QuickBooks pdf repair tool. The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that will assist you in making use of the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool efficiently and resolve the aforementioned technical error.
What Causes QuickBooks Printing Issues:
Below given is a list of issues that can lead to QuickBooks Printing issues.
- QuickBooks not Updated to the latest
- The system could not establish a connection with the printer.
- Printer not installed correctly.
- No Network Connectivity
How to Resolve Printing Problems?
Note: These steps are meant for experienced users. If you are unsure of how to move ahead with any particular step, then ask a technical expert for assistance at QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
Check if your printer is Outside of QB
- First Open the Start Menu
- Then Go to your Notepad
- Look for your Printer and click on it.
If your printer doesn’t work then:
- Firstly, turn off the printer
- Next Restart the system
- Now turn on your Printer again
- Check that the printer is not jammed.
- Open the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel
- Click the Printer and Fax
- If you see that printer shows it’s offline, then Click On- it and choose the Option to Use the Printer Online
- Ensure there are no docs lined-up
- Chose the Window
- And print a test page.
If you cannot print a test Page:
- Ensure that there are latest drivers installed on the Printer
- No blinking is there on the printer
- If you see any lights blinking, then refer to the ‘Printer Manual’ for instructions and solve it.
If the Printer is unable to print only in QuickBooks:
- Use the QuickBooks print and PDF repair tool. Use this tool to resolve common printing issues.
- If the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool does not fix the issue, then manually rename QBPrint.QBP file.
- Add the word ‘.OLD’ to the extension
- Now Open the QB Desktop
- Go to File Menu
- Click the ‘Printer Set-up’
- Search for the transaction from the list, press OK
- Now open and print the transaction of your choice.
The above issues should be resolved by now, however, if they haven’t tried anything then try the below options:
1. Verify Printer Status
- First Click File
- Next Go to Printer Setup
- Now choose the form you need to print.
- Ensure that the printer name matches the printer name you are using.
2. Print via a different Printer
- First Click on the option ‘’
- Next, Go to Printer Setup
- Now Choose the form you want to print
- Now choose a different printer to print this and see if this works.
3. Print a different/ separate form.
4. Print a sample report/ different form
5. Now see if you have printer drivers installed.
Thanks for reading this article. QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool is a great option to resolve QuickBooks printing issues. If you require any immediate assistance the speak to a QuickBooks Enterprise Support phone number 1-805-257-5030.