Indeed, we all are well-acquainted with the functioning of QuickBooks accounting software. But, if you are not familiar with the software then there is nothing to worry about. With the help of this blog, we will help you to make understand what the software is all about and then move ahead. While working on this software sometimes its users come across errors or issues. In such a case to deal with the errors related to the software, Intuit has designed the File Doctor tool. To use this tool, you need to download QuickBooks file doctor on your system.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is an advanced version of the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool which was released by QuickBooks in order to solve most company files and connectivity errors that might occur when updating or installing a patch for QuickBooks. This tool has been included in all the versions of QuickBooks that have been introduced after the year 2016.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
It is a file repairing tool that is used to resolve the errors of the QuickBooks accounting software. It is used to identify and resolve the different types of QB errors, issues related to data like data corruption, windows set up issues, network problems and much more.
There are two types of QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor- This version is available in QB 2016 and all later versions of QuickBooks 2016.
- The stand-alone version- You can download via the internet.
The blog will provide you the comprehensive details about the tool and focuses on the various aspects associated with it. After discussing briefly about the tool let’s learn its capabilities.
Let’s take a look at the issues that can be resolved by using the file doctor QuickBooks.
Issues that the QuickBooks File Doctor can help in Resolving:
- The majority of the issues with connectivity occur with the connection of your network.
- The majority of the distinct errors keep occurring in company files.
- when your data has been damaged.
- Issues when you try to update QuickBooks.
- Damage to the core data of your files.
- Your Windows Registry facing corruption.
- Errors are faced when you install your software.
- The settings of your Firewall port are configured badly.
- The series of -6000 errors.
- Access has been denied to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- The list of your customers is missing elements that are crucial.
- Your list of employees has contracted a bug.
- Various other errors could occur in QuickBooks multi-user environments.
- All of your lists of vendors are empty.
- You suspect the presence of a trojan or a malware.
Thinks to Know Before Using QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is the first application you should turn to when you are attempting to analyze and solve any errors that you might encounter. Since it eliminates many possibilities of errors such as glitches in software or operating system, it has become the most recommended practice.
- You could come across certain multi-user H series errors when using the multi-user mode. The following error codes are also mitigated very easily using this application.
- The H series of errors usually only affect the system when multiple users are trying to gain access to the same company file over a network that is shared and that leads to the corruption of the file.
- Some of the errors have a solution that is pre-configured, and the process of resolution for these errors is automatic. If you wish to initiate this procedure, simply open up the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and click on the button that has Start written on it.
How to download QuickBooks File Doctor?
You first go to the official website of Intuit and download the QBFD.exe file. To download this, you must have the installation of .Net Framework on the PC. If you have not installed the .Net framework, the file doctor QuickBooks set up will download it automatically.
The following is a list of steps that help you in downloading that tool:
- Firstly, you need to run the Intuit Website intuit.com.
- Go to the QuickBooks File Doctor Download
- Now, you are required to save the QuickBooks file doctor on the desktop.
- You have to double-click on the exe file.
- Lastly, you are just left to follow the prompted instructions in order to install the file doctor.
To Free Download QuickBooks File Doctor click Download
Steps to follow when you go about using File Doctor Tool:
- First, you will need to open up your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, you must make sure that you do not open up the corrupted file yet, wait for a moment.
- Next, you need to left-click on the File option.
- After that, you need to select the Utility option and then navigate to the option which says Repair File and Network Problems.
- Then, you will come across a window display on your screen that asks for your permission to gather your private QB information so that QuickBooks file doctor can diagnose your issue correctly. Make sure that you absolutely click on Yes before you click on the button that reads Continue. In case this window does not appear on your screen, there is no need to worry about it – just, simply move on to executing the next step.
- You must click on Browse.
- Next, you need to navigate to the location on your PC where you have stored your company file and then left-click to Open it.
- Then, you will need to click on the Show Advanced Settings and once you do that, you should be able to find a drop-down menu.
- Select the best solution from the menu to resolve the issue that you might be facing.
- Next, you will need to use your QuickBooks Login ID and Password in order to move on with the procedure.
- Now, you need to click on Next.
- If you have been able to make your way here successfully, QuickBooks File Doctor should open up.
- Now, you will need to wait for a moment or two as the application will diagnose your file, this procedure could take several minutes.
- Finally, now you will have to try and reopen your company file, which should be repaired completely.
Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The following are a few of the Disadvantages of using QuickBooks File Doctor:
- You will need the credentials of the Administrator in order to gain access to it.
- The space that your company file takes, should not exceed the limit of 2GB of data.
- Your internet should not be facing any connectivity issues and should run smoothly.
- In case you have more than one version of QuickBooks loaded into your system, QuickBooks File Doctor might be subject to malfunction. The most recommended method of usage is to make sure that only a singular installation of QuickBooks exists on your PC.
- In order to avoid a malfunction of the QuickBooks File Doctor, make sure that your QuickBooks has been fully updated with the older versions present on your system.
- File Doctor is only available on Windows. There is no version of QB File Doctor available for the Mac – it has only been configured to work for the Windows versions, and faces issues with compatibility on Apple manufactured systems.
The issue should resolve itself!
If you are facing any issue related to the software, then this tool will help you to fix all the problems. The blog has given you the brief information of QuickBooks File Doctor. With the help of the blog, you can take an idea of how to download the tool, how to operate, and how to overcome its limitations. So far, you have seen that File Doctor resolves multiple numbers of errors in QuickBooks. We believe that it will help you in resolving network diagnosis, file and data corruption, and windows problem.
If you still have any query related to QuickBooks File Doctor, then dial QuickBooks Toll- Free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.
QA: What is a Built-in File doctor tool?
QA: What does the QuickBooks file doctor do?
QA: How compatible is the QB file doctor tool?
QA: What should be the file size to repair by using the doctor tool?
QA: How to use the built-in version of the doctor tool?
- Firstly, open QuickBooks without launching the file.
- Now, click on the File menu, then choose Utilities.
- Select Repair file and Network Problems.
- After that, search for the Company File that needs to be repaired.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings and type Admin ID and Password.
- Finally, choose Next and run the QB file.