As we all know, QuickBooks is an accounting software that has been designed by intuit to manage sales and expenses. This software has been specially designed for small to mid-sized businesses. Like every software, users may also find errors while working on QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error H505 is one of these errors.
We are going to explain the definition of the error H505 QuickBooks and the solutions to get rid of the same error through this blog. You just need to read this blog completely. The given solutions will help you in fixing h505 QuickBooks.
Introduction of QuickBooks Error H505.
QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when the user is trying to open the company file which is placed on another computer. Additionally, this error may also persist if the company file requires some additional configuration. In other words, this error is associated with the Hosting settings and comes across with a message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and wants to close. Sorry for any trouble”.
Probable Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
If you are facing one of the following symptoms, then there are chances that you are going through QuickBooks Error Code H505. All the probable symptoms of the same error are listed as below:
- When an active program window crashes.
- If your system crashes repeatedly while accessing any program.
- The Windows are not working properly and respond slowly to the keyboard or the mouse input.
- When the PC freezes for a while.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error Code H505 takes place when there is an issue with the multi-user hosting set up and the user attempts to open the company file which is on another PC which requires the proper installation of QuickBooks. Given these points, are the reasons that may lead to the error h505 QuickBooks.
- If the user is unable to access the company file due to the damaged or wrong .ND file.
- Due to incorrect hosting configuration, the communication between QuickBooks and corporate files may block.
- If the QuickBooks services like QBFCMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX are inactivated on your system. These services should be activated because they prevent H505 and other issues as well.
- Improper Firewall settings may also lead to QuickBooks H505.
- Due to unorganized DNS settings.
- When the user is unable to get the IP address of the host computer.
You may also read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Troubleshooting Solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Error H505
The list of the following solutions helps you in resolving the QuickBooks H505 error instantly.
Solution 1: Check the Network Ports which are used by QuickBooks to convey information.
- Check the Firewall settings.
- Open the Windows Firewall Settings and choose the instrument panel by right-clicking on the Window option.
- Now, Enter the ‘Firewall’ in the search bar.
- Go to the Windows Firewall and choose Advanced Settings.
- Click on Outbound Rules and choose ‘New Rule’.
- After that, choose Ports > Next.
- Choose TCP and enter the following ports in the local ports.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363, 55367.
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368, 55372.
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- Choose Next and click on Allow the Connection.
- Click on the name filed and select Finish.
- Repeat the first five steps for the inbound rules.
- Launch QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Turn on the Network Discovery
- Choose the System and Security in the control panel.
- Click on the Windows Firewall.
- Choose the permit associate app on the Windows Firewall only if you are working on Windows server 2012.
- Select the Modification.
- Select the Network Discovery and Press OK.
- Find the Hostname.
- Firstly, press and hold Windows key + R key, write CMD and hit Enter.
- Run config/all and hit Enter.
- Search for the Host Name in the IP Configuration section.
- You will get the server name on the right.
- Lastly, save the changes.
Solution 2: Check the Host File.
- Press and hold Windows key + R key to launch the dialog box.
- Write cmd and hit Enter to access the Command Prompt Window.
- Type ipconfig/all and press Enter.
- Note down the IP Address and the Host Name.
- Perform the same steps for all the PC’s that have a multi-user setup.
Steps to run the Windows Host File:
- Close QuickBooks and Click on the Start menu.
- Make sure that you are on the address written below.
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows \Syswow64\Drivers\Etc.
- If you are unable to find the address then go through the following steps to run the hidden files.
- Select the View tab and choose the Hidden items.
- Click on the Hosts file and Open it with the Notepad.
- Search for the IP address and the PC name.
- When you have entered the details, use the Tab key to put the spaces between the computer name and the IP address.
- Save the changes and launch QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: Verify Hosting Settings.
- Launch QuickBooks on every workstation (not on the hosting PC).
- Choose the File and select Utilities.
- If the Host Multi-User access has been displayed, then the PC is not hosting the File.
- If you find the Multi-User access at the workstation, then go to the next PC and do not change anything here.
- Select ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access’.
- Perform the same three steps for every system.
Solution 4: Check QuickBooks Services.
- Press and hold Windows key + R key in the RUN box.
- Write MSC and hit Enter.
- Now, open the Windows search bar and search for Services.msc.
- After that, in the service window, find the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Double-tap on the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- If you are not able to perform the above steps then restart QuickBooksDBXX service and perform the steps again.
- Save the changes.
- Perform the above steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- In Multi-User mode, launch QuickBooks on each workstation.
Solution 5: Create a new folder for the Company File.
- Firstly, create a Replacement folder on the hosting PC.
- Now, access the Windows access permission to share the files.
- Copy .qbw file in multi-user mode in the new folder.
- Finally, you are able to launch the company file.
Solution 6: Verify the Services status.
- Click the Start button to access the services on your PC.
- Search for the services.msc and wait till you may have the list of services on the screen.
- If you are working on Windows 10, then hold and press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to access the services.
- In the service list, select the Name column and search for the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Choose services and go to Properties.
- Place the Startup type and mark as Automatic. Make sure that you have marked the service status as running.
- Select the Start option in the Proper windows only if the status of the services is unmarked.
- Choose the recovery tab and search for the failure option.
- Restart service.
- Perform the same steps for other failures.
If you are getting an error message on the screen as “Error 1079: The account stated for this service varies from the account stated for other services running in the same process”, then follow the steps written below:
- Click on the Log On tab and select Browser.
- Write the name of the PC and select the Check Names in the Enter the object name to select field.
- Press OK and enter the Administrator password.
- Select OK and close the tab.
- Open the QuickBooksDBXX properties and press Start.
- Shut down all the Windows to check the service status.
Hopefully, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error H505 on your own by applying one of the solutions. Sometimes, the user may find difficult to deal with this error on his own. In such cases, we advise you to get in touch with our professional’s team at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.