QuickBooks Error H202 appears when the user is attempting to switch QuickBooks in Multi-User mode. This error states that the company file is on another PC and wants to get some help to connect. Due to this error, the user is not able to access the company file that is located on another PC.
QuickBooks Error code H202 can be difficult to fix but, we are here to help you through this blog. We will provide you all the possible methods to get rid of QuickBooks H202. So, you can resolve this error on your own. If you find any difficulty while performing any method, get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Team.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
Following are the symptoms which indicate that the “h202 error QuickBooks” persisting:
- When you will have the error h202 QuickBooks message on your screen.
- QuickBooks user is failed to switch to multi-user mode.
- You may be facing QuickBooks freezing issues.
- Your system may become inactive.
- The user is not able to open the company file that is located on another computer.
Why does QuickBooks Error H202 arise?
All the probable Reasons that may lead to “QuickBooks Error Code H202” are discussed as below:
- If you are unable to work with the QuickBooks service like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor.
- The Hosting settings are not configured.
- The user is unable to exchange the data between server and QuickBooks due to the blockage by the firewall Software.
- Because the DNS settings are not configured.
- The server’s IP address is unavailable.
- The QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor are not working.
- If there is an issue with the QB Database Server Manager.
- Damage or corruption in the .ND file may also lead to “QuickBooks Error H202”.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
You just need to apply the below-mentioned methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code H202:
Method 1: Check the Network Connection.
- Firstly, you need to turn on Hosting on all workstations.
- Click on the server name from your workstation.
- Enter the server name.
Method 2: Install the Network Diagnostic Tool
- Install and run the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool.
- Scan the folder where the company file has been located.
- Write down the IP address.
- Click on Open Ports to enable the ports for QuickBooks.
- Check the data file connectivity.
- Re-launch the company file.
If you are still facing QuickBooks Error Code H202, add the QuickBooks port to the exceptions list in the Windows Firewall.
Method 3: Make a new folder for the company file.
- Make a new folder.
- Share the folder.
- Set up the Windows access and folder permissions to share the company files.
- Now, launch the company file in the multi-user mode.
Method 4: Install & Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a reliable tool to diagnose and troubleshoot different kinds of QuickBooks errors along with the QuickBooks Error Code H202. You just need to download and install this tool to fix this error, then this tool will automatically detect the error h202 and resolve it.
Method 5: Create the. ND company file again.
- Search for the. ND in the windows search and press Enter.
- Delete the .ND file by right-clicking on this file.
- Click on Confirm when the confirmation window will display on your screen.
- Now, select Windows.
- Choose All Programs and select QuickBooks.
- You need to select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Choose the Scan Folder.
- Select the Add Folder and browse the company file folder.
- Choose the company file and press OK.
- Select Scan.
- Once you are done with the scanning process, click on Close.
Method 6: Locate hosting to local files.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Select F2 to open the Product Information.
- Choose Hosting to follow only the local files.
- Make sure that no other client is attempting to host the same company file.
Method 7: Save the server to the Windows Host File.
- Launch the Windows hosts file on the PC.
- C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\ through Notepad.
- Launch Notepad as Admin, if necessary.
- Locate the insertion point after the last IP address and enter the server’s IP address.
- Enter the TAB key and type the server name.
- In the File menu, choose Save and after that, click on Exit.
- Now, attempt to launch the company file.
Method 8: Re-launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Open Windows Run and write msc.
- Click on OK.
- Right-click on the files named as QuickBooksDB17 (2007), QuickBooksDB18 (2008), QuickBooks DB19 (2009) and choose Stop.
- Choose start and shut down the windows.
- Present Extensions for “known file types”.
- Select the View tab and choose Hide extensions for the known file types.
- Click the View tab again and choose Show hidden files and folders and delete the Hide protected operating system files.
- Choose Yes on the warning message and press OK.
- Close the Windows Explorer.
Method 9: Check QuickBooks Services.
- Launch QuickBooks on the server.
- Select Files and go to the utilites.
- Select Host multi-user access.
To verify the status of QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService, follow the steps written below:
- Launch the Window and type smsc in the text filed.
- Press OK.
- Select QuickBooksDBXX and press OK.
- Search for the Startup type.
- Check whether the startup type is Automatic, if not, set it on Automatic.
- Search for the Service status and check whether it is running.
- Active Service status.
- Run the Recovery tab and press OK.
- Now, for the first, second and following failures, choose “Restart the Service”.
- Select Apply > OK.
Repeat the above-mentioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Method 10: Check the Firewall Settings.
- Make exceptions in the firewall.
- Change the permissions in the firewall.
- Launch QuickBooks on all of the workstations.
- At last, select the QuickBooks multi-user mode in the file menu.
In the above blog, we have illustrated all the probable methods that may help you in fixing the “error h202 QuickBooks”. Expectantly, one of the above-mentioned methods will definitely resolve your issue and helped you in getting the required information. If you are new to QuickBooks and trying to resolve this issue manually, then we recommend you to apply the above methods under the supervision of an expert or the technician.
If you have attempted all methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202, unable to resolve it on your own. We advise you to contact us at our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number on 1-805-257-5030. Our technicians will suggest you the easiest ways to deal with all issues related to QuickBooks.