QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can happen during startup, shutdown, or while you are doing a program installation. Furthermore, the user can encounter a computer crash that can make your windows slow and sluggish. Also, this can freeze your computer and you might experience various other symptoms. In addition, this article will help you learn about the causes and rectify QuickBooks 80029c4a error with 5 different solutions. Moreover, we will look at the symptoms, causes, and solutions for this error. Hopefully, by the end of the article, your problem should be resolved.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Error 80029c4a:
Look-out for the symptoms mentioned below as they might eventually lead to QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
Causes of the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a (loading type library/DLL)
Listed below are the various causes that can lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a:
- A corrupt/missing QuickBooks Desktop file.
- Improper/ Incomplete QuickBooks Installation.
- Corrupt Windows registry
- Corrupted Program files or Windows system files.
- A malicious program has mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related files
- Anti-virus causing the problem.
Note: You can sometimes resolve such an error by restarting your computer. Moreover, restarting all computers accessing the file in multi-user mode or perhaps reinstalling QuickBooks can also solve the problem.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a:
Let’s have a quick look at the steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
A ‘Clean Install’ of QuickBooks software-
As mentioned in the error popup, try to ‘Reinstall’ QuickBooks software. However, we recommend that you look for possible updates before you uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks software. Likewise, this entire process is called QuickBooks Clean Install and has to be performed without any mistakes to correct the error.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean install QuickBooks software-
Go to Start > search for Control Panel > Select Control Panel from the displayed results > go to programs > QuickBooks > Select the desired option in accordance with the situation.
Perform Windows Repair
Repairing Windows can be another way of correcting this error. Follow the below steps and check if the problem is corrected before moving on to the next solution.
- Firstly, shutdown QuickBooks
- Secondly, click on the Windows Button
- Now Open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall or Change Program
- Choose QuickBooks from the programs list
- Click Uninstall/change option
- Now, click Next in the QuickBooks Installation Window
- Press ‘Next’ and choose ‘repair radio button’
- Press ‘Repair button’ which is at the bottom
- Click ‘Finish’, once the repair process is finished.
- QuickBooks problem should be resolved by now. You can check this by opening your QuickBooks.
Check your firewall settings and administrative permissions-
Either switch your firewall settings off for time being or whitelist QuickBooks (add it to exceptions setting).
Scan your computer for possible malware or virus attack-
This might prove to be a serious problem, in the long run, therefore take safety measures, and resolve this as soon as possible by performing a ‘Scan’.
- Use Windows virus and threat protection for the possible virus, malware or trojan attacks.
- You can also use your externally installed anti-virus software to locate and resolve possible virus attacks.
- Shutdown QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder with Reboot.bat file
- Now right click QuickBooks Desktop icon and select ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Open file location’
- Right-click the ‘Reboot.bat file’ & select ‘Run as Administrator’
- Run ‘Reboot.bat’ as Windows administrator
- You will see a file ‘Reboot.bat or reboot’ depending on the Windows Folder Options settings
- Restart the computer.
Note: Here do not close the black window that will come with the scrolling file name. It will automatically close when the ‘Reboot.bat’ file utility has completed.
Hopefully, the cited solutions have been fruitful in rectifying the problem at hand. However, if you are still facing the same error, it might be some different problem causing the error. Seek immediate technical assistance at QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030 (toll-free) and work stress-free. Our technical experts will certainly help you get rid of any technical issues that you might be experiencing.
You may also like: