QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common and reoccurring error. QB Error 80070057 is a complex error as there can be several causes that might lead to this error. Furthermore, a solution has to be applied as per the nature of the ‘cause’ that has created this error. It is essential to know all the causes and the solutions to rectify the error. This blog will guide on all relevant points.
The Error Message will be like this-
‘QuickBooks Error 80070057- the Parameter is Incorrect or incorrect parameter’
The error message signifies that you do not have the required authorization to amend (includes read, write, open and delete) the file from the particular folder.
Causes that lead to QuickBooks Error 80070057
The below listed are some of the causes that can cause QuickBooks Error 80070057 in the system. Look at these points carefully to see which one is causing a problem in your QuickBooks
- QuickBooks organization files & folder extension are changed or modified. Thus QuickBooks cannot read company files & folders.
- A corrupt /damaged QuickBooks Installation files
- Wrong Operating system windows file or an incorrect folder extension such as. QBM,.QBB,.QBX.
- A third-party firewall not configured for QuickBooks is there.
- Cannot open the transportable file as QuickBooks cannot be opened.
- The file you are working on a file that is situated in a USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks finds out the company damage at the time of QuickBooks Installation.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Now that you know the causes, it is time to understand how to fix this error for an uninterrupted workflow.
Check and verify ‘Company File Name Extension.’
- Firstly, right-click Company file
- Now select ‘’
- Press the ‘QuickBooks ’
- Note the File extension in the filename field & QuickBooks version that was in the last opened file.
- Click OK
- Firstly, make a new folder
- Copy company file & paste in a new folder
- Right-click on ‘New Folder’ & select Rename
- Change the ‘File extension’ to .qbm and click anywhere to save changes.
- Restore Portable with opening QuickBooks Desktop
- In case you have a problem when opening QuickBooks then rename the extension to .qbb
- Now Open QuickBooks Desktop to restore ‘’
- In case the file does not open up, then rename the extension to. qbx
- Open the QuickBooks to convert it to an Accounting copy.
Copy company files & paste it to another folder in the Flash drive.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop and open Windows Explorer
- Now go to the ‘File’ option and choose the folder
- Copy ‘Companyfile.QBW’ from the flash drive & paste it to a New folder
- Lastly, Open QB Desktop and open a new folder.
Do a ‘Clean Install’
Another way to correct this error is to Run the ‘Clean Install Tool’ and do a Clean Install. The process is three-staged. Firstly, Uninstall the QB Desktop, then rename the installation folder and lastly again Re-install QB Desktop.
Convert the files from Mac to Windows ( for QB Mac users)
In this solution, you need to use the Back-up option in windows to convert QuickBooks Mac to Windows.
RUN QuickBooks File Doctor
As we all know QuickBooks File doctor can resolve several QuickBooks Desktop errors. Hence, if none of the above steps have worked, then you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor to address the issue.
- Navigate to BitDefender 10.0 main menu & choose Antivirus
- Select Custom Level
- Select ‘Exclude Path from Scan’
- Now choose ‘New ’
- Select the Mapped drive or the UNC path that is used to browse a company file.
Have Questions? Need Help?
This ends the blog. It is apparent that several reasons can lead to QuickBooks error 80070057, but there are several options available to correct this issue. You can choose the most appropriate one as per your situation and QuickBooks version. If you need guidance on any technicality, then you can speak to an expert at QuickBooks Enterprise Support number 1-805-257-5030 to correct this error.