The QuickBooks error code 6000 77 is a company file error that plagues your system when you do not have sufficient permission to gain access to any QuickBooks files or folders. Furthermore, this error is one of the most common but critical errors in the QuickBooks software. If affected by it, the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 needs to be resolved as soon as possible. If ignored it can cause some serious damage to your data.
This article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 in manually. Moreover, you can also connect with the QuickBooks Support number to receive instant support for any QuickBooks related issues.
Now, we must first understand what causes this error to occur before we go through the steps of resolution.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6000 77
The factors that contribute to the occurrence of this error are:
- The company file you are trying to open is either missing
- Damaged or corrupted company file
- QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release
- An outdated version of QuickBooks
- You don’t have sufficient authorization to your server computer.
Now, we move on to the steps of mitigation.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 77
Solution 1: General Solutions
- Restart your server computer
- Check your internet connection whether it is working fine or not
- Make sure that you have enough permissions and credentials to run QuickBooks
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software is installed on your administrator of Windows.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the most important tools of QuickBooks that helps you to resolve general data damage issues automatically.
- Download the QB File Doctor Tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Install the tool properly and run it
- Select the file in which you are facing the error
- Provide the username and password if required
- Let the process to get finished and then restart your system
Solution 3: Rename.ND And.TLG files
Note: The .ND and.TLG files are very important for QuickBooks to work appropriately. If these files get corrupted or retain any damage, you will receive a pop up from the 6000-error series. You may have to rename the.ND and.TLG files in order to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77. When you rename these files, a new file will automatically gets created after opening the company file
- Go to the folder where the Company file is stored.
- Generally, the location of these files are: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Locate the files which have the same name as your company file but with extensions.ND and.TLG. Example: xxx.qbw.nd, xxx.qbw.tlg
- Right-click on both files one by one and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Add the word OLD at the end of the file name. Example: xxx.qbw.nd.OLD, xxx.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 4: Use UNC patch file name instead of the mapped drive
- Right-click on the QB icon while pressing and holding the CTRL key
- Select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to open the No Company Window
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- Select Network from the left pane.
- Navigate to the folder location of the Company file.
- Set folder permissions and then open the company file.
Solution 5: Configure firewall and Security Software
Take into consideration that you may face the QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77 due to the improper configuration of firewall settings. The miss-configured firewall can block the internet connection which is important for various QuickBooks tools.
- You can update the firewall running on your computer to the latest release which can fix the error.
- You can also configure the firewall manually.
Solution 6: Recreate the damaged folder
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E and go to the C:\ drive of your system.
- Create a new folder in your C: drive and name it QBtest123.
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Right-click on the .qbw file and click on Copy from the drop-down list.
- Paste the file into the newly created folder.
- Set Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Open QB Desktop and open the file from the new location.
And your job is done!
We hope that this article was able to provide you with the information that you would deem ancillary in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6000 77. However, there are remote instances, where even after you have performed all the steps verbatim, the error still persists. Well, you need not fret. In such instances, immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number at +1-805-257-5030. Our expert technicians and pro advisors will ensure that any QuickBooks related issue that might be bothering you is alleviated.