QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software in the market. As you know, lots of features and functionalities can be availed in this accounting software. QuickBooks is a popular solution among many users. However, it contains lots of amazing features, still, users may experience the error codes while working on QuickBooks. Likewise, QuickBooks Error 404 is one of these error codes.
Read the article below to know the symptoms, causes and solutions of the QuickBooks Error 404 or you can also reach out to our team of QuickBooks Support advisors to help you with the support and resolution of the error and your other QuickBooks related issues quickly.
What is the QuickBooks Error 404?
The error is a result of QuickBooks failing to sync with the Intuit servers. It appears on the screen while you are using QuickBooks. There are many ways in which the error code appears and is read.
- Service Messages Error #404
- QuickBooks Error 404 Pages Not Found
- 404 Error In QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Update Error 404
- QB Runtime Errors 404
There are many possible instances at which you can encounter the error to occur. It can disrupt performance during program installations, during Windows startup or shutdown, or while you are installing the Windows operating system.
As you can see there are various instances and reasons due to which the error occurs, it is important to understand the symptoms and possible causes that lead to the appearance of the QuickBooks Update Error 404 to occur.
How Does The QuickBooks Error 404 Appear?
- The primary symptom is that the webpage that you are trying to access could not be located on the server.
- The page that you are requesting has been moved to a new server, however, the URL has not been changed.
- The error code ended up crashing the program window.
- If you are putting keyboard/ mouse input, the Windows is giving a very sluggish response.
- There is an error window that has appeared on your screen.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 404:
- At the time of the installation or the download, the QuickBooks software itself got corrupted.
- Another corresponding reason is that your systems Windows registry got corrupted while installing or uninstalling the QuickBooks software.
- There is an incomplete download of the QuickBooks software.
- If the system that you are operating on is infected by malware that led to the corruption of the Windows or the QuickBooks related files.
- In an accident, there was the corruption or deletion of the QuickBooks related files due to the installation or change of the program updates in other programs.
- As you can see the QuickBooks Error 404, could be a result of a lot of myriad reasons and could show up in multiple ways. The troubleshooting for its errors is also intricate. Here are the methods by which you can solve the QuickBooks error 404.
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 404
Method 1: Assess Internet Speed:
- Let this be the first spontaneous method you try to resolve the error. Go to Internet Explorer and open a frequently visited website.
- If you fail to access this website, refresh the internet, re-type the URL and re-check the path.
- And, If you are still being prompted to check your internet, restart the router and the computer to try again. If the error persists, then you can try Method 2.
Method 2: Modify The Settings Of Your Internet:
- You need to head to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options.
- From here you need to go to the Security Tab and go to the Trusted Sites and add “intuit.com” and “QuickBooks.com” as trusted sites.
- Hit Ok, log out of the company files and close QuickBooks.
- Now you can Reopen QuickBooks and resume the job that was previously interrupted by the QuickBooks Error 404.
Method 3: Update and Modify QuickBooks
In this method, you are required to carry updates and repair QuickBooks itself.
You need to open QuickBooks and then the company file where the error occurred.
If the problem continues to persist, then you are required to follow the following steps to repair the issue.
- You need to press Windows + R together.
- Then towards the bottom left corner, you will see a box, which you need to fill by typing “Appwiz.cpl”.
- From the list of installed apps and click “repair”.
- Check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
- If this doesn’t do the deal, we will go to Method 4.
Method 4: Reconfigure the Settings of Your System
- You will again have to open QuickBooks and the company files.
Go back and re-do the process that leads to the QuickBooks Error 404.
- You will now have to update the Windows and restart the computer.
- The path you will now need to follow is Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options.
- Next, go to the advanced tab in the settings menu.
- Save all the settings and close the program.
- Press Windows + R type, msconfig and then click Ok.
- A configuration screen will appear in front of you, click Ok.
- On the same screen in front of you, click on general.
- Head to the Startup Selection > Selective Startup > Okay.
- Once done, you will be required to restart your computer.
How To Avoid QuickBooks Error 404: Conclusion
Any QuickBooks Error wastes your time and works efficiently to be able to do a task. Especially with something like QuickBooks Update Error 404, where the reasons can be as wide as an incomplete installation, or a corrupted registry. It is important to thus be always aware of the status of your updates and installations and a potential malware attack.
We hope this article was of help to you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 404, if you are still stuck in finding the right measure to your issues, you can contact our team on our QuickBooks Support Number 1-805-257-5030 and get started today.