As the years have passed, the QuickBooks bundle of software has become reputed as a convenient and highly functional accounting solution. It has become a stable software used in the day to day corporate life of accountants and bookkeepers alike. However, in spite of having all the features one could ask for in financial software, it still has its fair share of unexpected errors and glitches. They are annoying to deal with, especially for newer users. Those of you who wish for a quick solution within a short time frame (we know a lot of you are running on time constraints) can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number.
One of the most annoying errors out of these is QuickBooks Error 3371 – it shows you one out of three different messages, which could vary depending on what the problem exactly is. The nature of the problem is affected by its root cause and could require a different fix, as well as a varied resolution approach.
Types of QuickBooks error code 3371:
There are multiple factors influencing which particular error message is displayed on your screen, including:
1. QuickBooks Error 3371
‘Could not initialize license properties’ – Essentially, this points to the fact that your license data could not be correctly loaded for your QuickBooks account. This could mean that you have a corrupted company file or a missing file.
‘Could not initialize license properties’ –This error code basically tells you that your version of QuickBooks is having trouble with identifying your license data. Please try and verify their integrity, by making sure that none of them are damaged, as well as checking for the presence of registry corruption.
3. QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1
‘Could not initialize license properties’ –Please make sure that all your core files are completely undamaged. Verify that there is no data corruption among them.
How is the Qb Error Code 3371 caused?
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 could be caused by various different factors, including (but not limited to) one or a combination of the following factors:
- A highly crucial component that is required by your QuickBooks Desktop version has either been corrupted or damaged. It might have also been moved from its original location. Usually, it boils down to one out of these two:
- dat – A necessary file from among your QuickBooks folder, it contains the license information for your account. Make sure that you validate this file each time, by retrieving it whenever you activate your QuickBooks Desktop. In case you do not, you will issues while opening your version of QuickBooks.
- MSXML component – This is another very important component that is needed by QB Desktop to ensure its smooth operation. It assists your software in retrieving information about your core files, which in turn allows you access to QuickBooks.
- You have an outdated version of the Windows OS.
- Your antivirus program has mistakenly quarantined your core files as being a virus or a trojan. You might need to recheck with the software quarantine to make sure nothing of this sort has happened.
- Always make sure to save any file before you attempt to access it, as this could also be a root cause for QuickBooks Error 3371. Before you attempt to import any.QBO file, always saves it.
What are the best resolution strategies for the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1118?
Ensure that you have the latest Windows updates installed for your Operating System, as QuickBooks installation is highly dependent on your version of Windows being fully up to date with all the latest patches and security changes. If not, your installation might get corrupted.
In case you are unsatisfied with the below steps or resolution strategies, or you are a newer user and are finding a part of it complex, our QuickBooks Desktop Support would be glad to help you out. It operates on a 24*7 basis and will offer you the most affordable prices.
Make sure to install all the latest updates for your Windows
- Select the Windows logo or the Start Menu.
- Click on All Programs.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Simply download the latest update, and double-click it once it has completed.
- Follow the provided instructions to install it. Perform this process carefully to avoid any further issues.
- Once you have installed them successfully, install QuickBooks again.
You will have to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Make sure that you have no QuickBooks processes running in the background, you can find them in the Task Manager and then proceed to end them.
- Find and open the entitlement data folder from your directory.
- Navigate to the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Delete this file.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool fixes most connectivity issues and company file errors that could occur during your use of QuickBooks Desktop. You can always run to solve the Error 3371 – it will diagnose and repair your company file within a very short time span.
Use the QuickBooks clean install method to completely refresh your version of QuickBooks. It should not only help you solve the current error, but also fix most other problems that you are facing with your software.
We hope you found this blog useful, and it helped you get rid of your QuickBooks Error 3371. If you think you need a more detailed description, you are always welcome to contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number 1-805-257-5030. It will connect you to a team of IT professionals that will handle each of your errors with a warm smile. It’s toll-free, so just call today!