QuickBooks Desktop is a great product to cater to the accounting and bookkeeping needs of all business. It provides clients with efficient accounting solutions that take care of the financial documents and keep them updated and well-managed. However, at times you might face some issues. QuickBooks Error 15271 is amongst them.
The user will encounter QuickBooks Error 15271 when you are trying to update the software or the payroll tables. You will see the message when this error comes:
The document cannot be improved as ‘Payroll Update’ could not finish effectively.
Causes that lead to QuickBooks Error 15271
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks or a corrupted software file.
- A recent change in QuickBooks causing a ‘corrupted windows registry.’
- Corrupted Windows file system or corrupted program files because of a virus or malware threat.
- Another program mistakenly deletes the QuickBooks file.
- There is a ‘User Access Issue.’
- The files are ‘’
- Network connectivity issues.
- Some storage issues
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Enterprise Platinum- Barcode Feature
Solutions and troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error 15271
Solution 1- Switch off the ‘User Account Control (UAC) in your system.
At several instances, QuickBooks Error 15271 can be corrected by simply ‘turning off’ the UAC in the windows. Once, the option is switched off; you need to update the software again. After the ‘UAC’ is turned off, perform the below steps
For the ‘Windows Vista’
- Select the ‘Windows Logo’
- Go to the ‘control ’
- Type in ‘UAC’ in the search box and click ENTER
- Select the ‘Turn User Account Control’(UAC) ON or OFF
- Press to clear the ‘Use user account control’ (UAC) and switch off the UAC.
- Press OK
- Reboot the system
For Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Navigate to the ‘Control Panel’
- Now in Windows 7 – Select start>> Control Panel
- For Windows 8- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and click ‘Control Panel.’
- In the search box, fill in the ‘UAC.’
- Press ‘Change User Account control settings’.
- Move the slider to ‘Never notify.’ You can choose this to turn off the UAC.
- Press OK. In case you get prompted for the ‘admin password or the confirmation’ then you need to enter the Password or give confirmation. To do any changes – Restart the computer.
- If you have to turn ‘ON’ the UAC – navigate the slider to ‘When you want to be notified.’
- Press ‘OK’
- If you see the same result, then you need to restart the QuickBooks. If you see the ‘QB Update service’ message window, then Select ‘Install later’ and reset the ‘QB release update’:
- Click HELP
- Select ‘Update QuickBooks’
- Press’ Update Now’
- Then select ‘Reset Update’ & press ‘Install now.’
- Once the installation is done, ‘Restart the system.’
Solution 2- Update the ‘QuickBooks Service.’
- Press on ‘Help’ option
- To update QuickBooks – select ‘Update QuickBooks’>> Update it now>> select ‘Reset Update’>> Now Get Updates.
- Close & Re-open when you see the ‘Update complete’ option
- When you see the ‘install the update’ then press on ‘Install Now.’
- Restart your Computer.
Solution 3-Perform a ‘QuickBooks Clean Installation’ in the start-up mode.
- Click the ‘Windows key+R’ to open the ‘RUN’ application
- Now type the ‘msconfig’ and press OK
- Click the ‘Selective Startup’ in the general tab & choose the ‘Select Load system services.’
- Now go to services>>hide the ‘Microsoft services’ >>’Disable all tabs’>> Now unmark the ‘hide all Microsoft services.’
- Verify the service list to make sure that the ‘windows installer is marked.’
- If it is not marked then ‘mark it’ and select OK
- Press ‘Restart Tab’ in the system configuration
- Do Uninstall/install/reinstall (QuickBooks Clean Install) function once the system is booted.
The alternative solutions to fix this issue
- Correct the registry entries that are related to this error.
- Run a full malware scan on your system.
- Do a clean-up for the system junks present in your computer.
- Update your PC device drivers.
- Update the ‘Windows to the latest version.’
Hopefully, the above-provided solutions have corrected the QuickBooks Error 15271. If you see that the problem is still existent, then seek technical support at QuickBooks Enterprise Technical support number +1-805-257-5030.