QuickBooks is a well-known and popular accounting software among its users because of its features and functionalities. After being a great software, QuickBooks users may face errors and bugs while working on this software. Generally, many of the errors occurs due to internet connection issue or updating QuickBooks or QuickBooks payroll. QuickBooks Error 15222 is also one of them that takes place due to updating payroll.
If you are also experiencing the Error 15222 QB, then don’t be troubled. We are here to help you through the following blog. You will get efficient solutions to fix the same error. Along with this, you can also know the symptoms and reasons behind QuickBooks error 15222 windows 7.
Firstly, we are going to define error 15222.
Define: QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks users may get QuickBooks Error 15222 at the time of downloading a payroll or updating QuickBooks Desktop. Due to this error, the user will not be able to access payroll.
QB Update Error 15222 is not related to antivirus software but it comes with antispyware.
After knowing QB Error 15222, you are wondering about the symptoms and reasons behind this error. We have listed all the reasons below.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15222
- When the user is not able to download payroll updates.
- If QuickBooks error 15222 will be displayed on the screen.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- QuickBooks user is unable to update QuickBooks desktop.
What can be the causes of QuickBooks Error 15222?
The following is a list of all possible reasons due to which the user may face the error 15222 QuickBooks:
- If the Internet Explorer is not working properly, then you may get QuickBooks error 15222 windows 10.
- When you have not set the default browser to Internet Explorer.
- If you are unable to update the QuickBooks Desktop due to antispyware, or antimalware.
You May Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
How to troubleshoot QB Error 15222?
We have provided you all the probable fixes of QuickBooks Update Error 15222. You just require to apply all of them one after another to get rid of the same:
Solution 1: Install a digital signature certificate
- First of all, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop. Otherwise, you will not be able to see the Digital Signature tab.
- Search for QBW32.exe in the Windows search bar that has been placed in C:\Program.
- Choose Properties by right-clicking on QBW32.exe.
- Now, click on the Digital Signature tab and verify that Intuit, Inc. has been selected in the signature list.
- After that, you need to choose Details.
- Choose View Certificate in the Digital Signature Details.
- Now, click on Install Certificate in the Certificate window.
- Press Next until you will get Finish on your screen.
- Now, click on Finish.
- You need to restart the PC.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Download the updates again.
Solution 2: Update the following software:
- Antivirus software.
Solution 3: Check the Internet Explorer Settings
- Firstly, you need to set default browser to Internet Explorer.
- Verify the date and time of the PC is correct.
- Check Cipher Strength.
- Now, Click on Tools > Internet Options to update the whole settings.
- Open the General tab and choose Delete.
- After that, select the Temporary Internet Files and click on Delete.
- Select the LAN settings in the connection tab.
- In the end, you need to mark the checkbox just next to “Automatically Detect Settings” and make sure that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 have been marked.
Expectantly, the above solutions helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error 15222. In our opinion, the aforementioned steps are not that much tricky to apply but still, we suggest you apply all the steps under the supervision of a technician. In case, you are stuck at any step while attempting any of the solutions, then you are recommended to get in touch with our team at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.