During the installation, there are a lot of problems which are faced by the user. These installation errors like QuickBooks Error 1904 etc. are fixed with the help of technical help. They are the direct result of due to some malfunction or faulty installation of some of the parts of the system.
The error messages which occur are:
For QuickBooks error 1904 – failed to register while installing QuickBooks.
For QuickBooks error 1402 – could not open key.
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool – A way to approach the error
This tool travels through the software and scans it entirely. Any error found during the scan is repaired then and there. Any errors present in the components of the system like C++, .NET Framework, and MSMXL are solved through the tool. There are some steps to be taken care of if the user is using this tool –
- QuickBooks might need reactivation or re-registration to work properly after the tool has been used.
- The method is only compatible with Windows OS. For any other windows, it is possible that the user might face and they need to take help from the support system.
- It is advised to talk to the professional expert if an error occurs while the windows are updated.
You May Also Read: How to Configure Firewall while setting up Multi-User in QuickBooks
There are few methods to solve QuickBooks Desktop Errors 1904, and 1402
1. Using the QBInstall Tool
- Download and then install QuickBooks Install Tool from the official website, I.e., Intuit.
- When prompted, save the application on a local drive.
- Make sure that there is no program running in the background while operating the application. To achieve total stability and complete performance speed in the system, it takes a total of 20 minutes.
- Restart the windows to make sure that all the components are updated properly.
2. Download the missing updates for the windows
Sometimes the error occurs when the windows are not updated properly and the version used by the user is old. This results in the windows not meeting the requirements of QuickBooks and thus, it will not operate properly and errors will occur. To update the windows
- The windows icon has to be selected and the user has to click on the windows update option.
- Once the update is complete, the system will restart and the updates will work.
3. The software has to be installed in the selective startup
Sometimes it happens that even if the work is carried on smoothly, some applications interrupt it. to get rid of these issues, it is important to uninstall QuickBooks and re-install it again the selective startup.
4. Manually fixing the issues
It should only be performed by an IT professional or a person who is working under an expert.
The article has four solutions that will comfortably resolve installation errors like QuickBooks error 1904 & QuickBooks error 1402. However, if you are still experiencing the same concerns then it might be some other error/problem obstructing you. Additionally, you can talk to a technical expert at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1-805-257-5030 to solve the problem.