QuickBooks is one of the most advanced accounting solutions which is known for its lots of features and functionalities. One such feature that you can avail of is “Emailing”. QuickBooks users can save lots of time and effort by using this feature. Also, emailing is one of the easy ways to communicate with your vendors, customers, and suppliers. However, many users face an issue during the QuickBooks email setup.
QuickBooks setup email is a difficult task to perform. So we will look at the detailed and step by step process “How to set up email in QuickBooks” via the following article.
First, we tell you about the benefits of QuickBooks setup email.
Advantages of Setting up Email in QuickBooks Desktop
Undoubtedly, the feature of QuickBooks email setup provides numerous features to QuickBooks users. We have mentioned a few of the most advantages to set up email in QuickBooks:
- By using QuickBooks email setup, you will be able to email invoices and send estimates to your clients directly.
- Through emails, you can set payment reminders to the customers.
- You can also import the data from Excel and add attachments up to 2 MB.
- After setting up an email in QuickBooks, users are permitted to share reports within departments.
- You can fetch details from the vendors and customers.
Read Also: How to update your QuickBooks Desktop
How to set up an email in QuickBooks desktop?
First of all, before setting up email in QuickBooks, you should have the following information:
- Incoming email server type
- Incoming email server address
- Outgoing email server address
If you have all the mandatory information, then you are good to go. Below-mentioned is the steps to set up an email:
Step 1: Set up Outlook
- Firstly, you need to make a new QuickBooks Outlook email.
- If you have already an outlook account, then you have to move to the Next.
- Now, you are required to collect the information to set up Outlook.
- After that, attempt to set up Outlook in QuickBooks.
- Click on Preferences and choose to Send Forms in the Edit menu.
- Finally, select Outlook and press OK.
Step 2: Set up QuickBooks email service
- First of all, click on QuickBooks email settings.
- Now, you need to choose the option “QuickBooks email” which comprises any active intuit service like payroll.
- Enter the necessary information like password, username, and email address, etc.
- Hence, you are done with emailing.
Step 3: Set up Webmail
You can use the secure webmail only when the QuickBooks is updated to the latest version. The connection through secure webmail is only available for a few providers, like:
QuickBooks 2016: The secure webmail is not available for the R4 and older versions.
QuickBooks 2017: For Gmail users in the USA only, R5 and new versions are available.
QuickBooks 2018: Existing for Hotmail/Gmail live users in Canada, UK, and the US.
QuickBooks 2019: Existing for Windows Mail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, etc.
Read Also: QuickBooks ODBC Driver
For setting up Webmail, follow the steps written below:
- Firstly, choose the Edit menu and click on Send Forms.
- Click on My Preferences tab and choose Webmail radio.
- After that, you are required to enter the email address for QuickBooks emailing.
- Meanwhile, click on the checkbox “SSL security”.
- Now, you need to add the correct SMTP server and port configuration by clicking on OK.
- Lastly, you have to send the email and verify whether any error is persisting.
Steps to set up regular Webmail
You first need to verify the server and port information with the ISP, before using the webmail. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• The ISP governs the webmail servers and port settings.
• QuickBooks Desktop fills in the information for some common providers like yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail/live.
- First of all, you need to go to the Preferences option.
- Click on the Edit menu and choose to Send Forms.
- Now, you are required to choose the Webmail and click on Add.
- After choosing the provider from the drop-down menu, you need to add the email address.
- In the end, you have to click on OK.
In the above blog, all the required information that you would require for the QuickBooks email setup has been provided. Finally, we expect that after going through the aforementioned steps, you can easily set up an email in QuickBooks desktop on your own.
Even if, you are unable to set up an email from your end or you have any doubts regarding emailing, then you are free to ask from our experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.