QuickBooks Database server manager is a helpful tool in QuickBooks that allows you to organize applications for multiple users. It is useful and convenient, as it enables you to make optimum use QuickBooks Desktop application.
QuickBooks Database server manager creates ‘The network data files’ for the company files stored on the ‘host computer’. However, if you have more than ‘one version’ of the QuickBooks Desktop, you need to install the QB Database server manager for each one of them. Install the QB Database server manager starting from oldest to newest in chronological order.
How to Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- First, search the QuickBooks Installer on the host computer.
- Next, double-click the installer & open the installation wizard.
- If you see the host computer has ‘Network access’ & you can easily download an update, then click ‘Next’
- If your computer has ‘no internet connection,’ then press ‘NO’ and select ‘NEXT.’
- Now, end ‘other programs’ running in the background and press ‘Next.’
- Go through the ‘Software License Agreement’ and accept it.
- Press on the option ‘Next’
- Navigate to ‘Custom/Network Options’ & select the installation type.
- Now choose the option that says ‘Yes, allow access.’
- Follow the ‘On Screen’ instructions to finish the software installation.
- The next step is to ‘set-up’ the QuickBooks Database Server Manager after the software installation is complete.
How to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- It is equally important to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager with the relevant updates. Periodically, there are several updates available to optimize the QuickBooks Desktop application, and it is essential to update these regularly. It is even more critical and essential to update ‘the newly installed’ QuickBooks Database Server Perform the below steps to complete the update
- First, download QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. Ensure that the patch is the same for the server & computer.
- Once you have finished ‘installing,’ Reboot the server.
- Once the server is updated, you will see a message that says ‘Company file requires to be updated.’ You will also see a pop-up to make a back-up that is also necessary to be done as updates can alter the ‘database structure.’
- Follow the pop-ups and complete the backups. Now you will be able to open the files.
How to set-up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- First, open QB Database Server Manager & scan the folders/files that have to be configured for multi-user access.
- Next, scan the company files that are there on the server and ensure files are correctly configured to provide multiple user access.
- Now to add a ‘new company file’ to the server, you can use the ‘Monitored Drives feature’ and keep the ‘Database Server Manager Updated.’
- Next, you need to ensure that ‘company files’ are connected to the server and the users are logged into ‘company files.’
- If you want to change the service status, you can use the ‘Service Administrative Tool’ & then configure the service.
- Use the ‘updates’ option & download the latest “QuickBooks Database Server Updates”.
That all for this article. The article gives comprehensive information on how to ‘Install, update & set-up’ QuickBooks software. If you have any doubts or queries related to the above content you can speak to a technical expert at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-805-257-5030.