A damaged QuickBooks Desktop function is an obvious obstacle in utilizing your QuickBooks functionalities. QuickBooks Clean install tool or QuickBooks Clean Uninstall tool entirely removes QuickBooks installation files and folders from your computer.
In QuickBooks for Windows, we need to ‘Reinstall’ QuickBooks when the simple reinstall could not correct the issue. The article will look at the complete QuickBooks Clean Install Process step by step.
Pre-requisites for Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop download file or Installation CD, and License numbers are available.
- Backup your company file to avoid any data
Steps to complete QuickBooks Clean Install Tool:
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press ‘Windows+R’ and open the RUN command
- Type Control Panel and choose OK
- Now, select Programs & features.
Note: If you see the Control Panel in the category view, you can select ‘Uninstall a Program.’
- In the List of Programs, choose QuickBooks & select ‘Uninstall/’
- Now follow the prompts to complete the process.
Once finished with the Uninstallation and before running the Clean Install Tool, you have to rename the folders. You can use the QuickBooks Clean Install tool to rename the installation folders automatically. Alternatively, you can do Manual renaming also.
Download & RUN Clean Install Tool QuickBooks
- Firstly, download QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save this to your desktop.
- Next, open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- Click ‘I accept on the license ’
- Choose your QuickBooks Desktop version, then select ‘’
- Choose OK and when you see the message- QuickBooks is now ready for Clean Install,’ then install it to the default directory.
Manually rename QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders
- Use the Windows Explorer to reflect ‘Hidden Files’
- Rename each folder location listed for your Windows version
Note: You need to add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ word at the end of the folder name. This will stop QuickBooks from recognizing the folder to create a new one.
If access is denied when you are renaming the folders. Perform the below steps:
- Select the Windows Taskbar & Choose Task Manager
- In the ‘Processes Tab’ choose ‘Image name’ column header to sort processes alphabetically (name-wise).
- Click QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.Exe, QBCFMonitorService.Exe, Qbw32.exe, and select End Process.
- Select ‘YES’ when you the message ‘WARNING.’ Ending a process can lead to a loss of data and can cause system instability.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Lastly, you need to Reinstall QuickBooks desktop software to complete this process.
Thanks for reading the article. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is an efficient tool to correct and amend issues in QuickBooks desktop. By now your Desktop must be clear and free of all errors. For any information on the above-written content, you can speak to a technical expert at QuickBooks Enterprise Support number 1-805-257-5030.