Imagine you are working on important work in QuickBooks, and suddenly, an error prompts on your screen saying your data has been corrupted. Your work done will be lost; your every bit of data will be lost and you can’t anything in that. Inuit Inc got an ample number of complaints from QuickBooks users and they come with up a feature called QuickBooks ADR (Auto Data Recovery).
Define QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
QuickBooks has come with up with a feature of QuickBooks ARD, i.e., QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. The sole purpose of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is to protect the damaged files of QuickBooks. In the pilot period, Inuit Inc made it for Pro and Premier first, then, gradually launched it for the Enterprise version in 2012.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery makes sure that your files are protected and most importantly, your data remains intact. If your data remains intact, then, there will no tension in losing any of the financial data.
How does QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery work?
It works on Sybase Technologies as its base. There happen two processes when a QuickBooks error or bug takes place.
In the first phase of the recovery process: QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery makes a duplicate version of your QuickBooks company file (with extension .QBW)
In the second phase of the recovery process: QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery go for recovery mode, i.e., auto recovery mode. QuickBooks Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) is saved from going to corrupt.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery won’t let your data being corrupted.
How to recover the lost data with the support of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery?
Before you making any decision regarding QuickBooks ADR file, you are being suggested:
- QuickBooks ADR file is the feature which is available only in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions
- Accountant Edition lacks QuickBooks ADR file.
- There is a limitation in the Qb ADR file, which is backup will not be made if the backup is more than 1.5 GB.
- Be sure that QuickBooks Desktop is updated to have the advantage of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Let’s go for solutions one-by-one.
Process 1: Go with.TLG file with .QBW.adr file
In Process 1, to recover all the transactions, you have to use the original Transaction Log file and QuickBooks ADR file version of the company file.
- The first step is to generate the latest folder on the desktop of your system.
- The second step is to name that created folder as QBTest.
- Now, go for that folder in which the company file is saved. If you can’t find the company file, then, look it on the Product Information screen.
- Paste the corresponding company file .tlg file to the QBTest folder which is located on your desktop.
It is need of the hour to know about the file extensions you are using.
- Open My Computer by pressing Windows+E. Go to Organize. Select Folder Options.
- If you are using any Windows, like, 10, 8.1, 8: You have to go for View option; select Filename.
- Then, go for select hide extensions
- Proceed with Apply and Ok.
- Now, in this, proceed with QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. It is situated at the same location as the QuickBooks company file is there.
- Grab the QBW.adr file and make it to the QBTest folder. By till this step, you will get QBW.adr & .tlg file in one folder, i.e., QBTest folder.
- Rename yours.QBW.adr file which is located in the folder named as QBTest.
- After all these steps, eliminate .adr from the file end.
- The first step is to initiate QuickBooks.
- Then in the second step, open the company file. That is saved in your QBTest folder. A piece of advice: It is better to utilize your account register to verify all transactions are there.
- Make sure you go for verify utility as it is used to check the company file
- Change the damaged company file location, if you get a good copy of the company file.
- And transfer the copy from QBTest to the original location.
Process 2: Use earlier.QBW.adr & TLG.ADR Files
In the process 2, this process will have use of QuickBooks ADR file. In this, both files will be used-.QBW and.TLG files. Only the last transactions done under the last 12 hours will be restored only.
- The first step is to go for generate a folder on your computer system’s desktop.
- You must name that folder as QBTest.
- In the third step, you shall open the folder which is named as QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery.
- In the last step, you have to grab both of the files with extensions.TLG.adr and.QBW.adr. Place them in the QBTest folder.
Our Help Desk Number
To conclude this part, our QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is always there for you if you require any knowledge on bugs and errors of QuickBooks ADR file. In any case, you have query related to QuickBooks ADR file, then we would advise you to pick up the phone and call our QuickBooks Support number at +1-805-257-5030.