As we all know, QuickBooks Enterprise is perfect software utilized by small to mid-sized businesses. The users will be able to manage their financial and accounting data efficiently. This accounting solution offered you lots of features that help in managing financial data like inventory, payments, payroll, etc. You can use the QuickBooks ODBC Driver to connect Microsoft Access to QuickBooks database that helps you in updating QuickBooks data from a Microsoft Access.
In this article, we will define “QuickBooks Enterprise in ODBC”. Along with this, the steps to install and configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC have been mentioned.
What is QuickBooks ODBC?
QuickBooks ODBC driver utilizes the Open Database Connectivity to connect Microsoft Access to a QuickBooks Database that permits you to update QuickBooks data from a Microsoft Access front end. Along with this, QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC permits different applications to communicate and exchange data with other and export data of the company file into spreadsheets such as reports, alpha, .net, etc.
You May Also Read: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Advantages of installing QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
You may know the benefits of installing ODBC QuickBooks. We have provided you the list of all advantages of downloading ODBC below:
- You will be able to create a large number of custom programs to new database connectivity after installing ODBC QuickBooks.
- Microsoft can easily do a custom mail merge from the QuickBooks company files.
- It permits Microsoft to merge QuickBooks accounting data with other data sources.
- The user can be used Excel to extract company accounting software into a spreadsheet in Microsoft office.
Consider the points before installing QB Enterprise ODBC
You need to keep in the mid the following points before installing the QuickBooks ODBC:
- First of all, you have to install .Net framework 4.5 on your PC.
- QuickBooks Enterprise in ODBC supports Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Make sure that you have not installed ODBC on your system earlier. Since you can download ODBC driver more than one.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Accountant Copy
Steps to install QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC?
In order to install QuickBooks ODBC, you are required to follow the steps written below respectively:
- First of all, go to the installer executive file and follow the instructions displaying in the wizard.
- Now, you will receive a warning message on your PC only when the installation folder is installed.
- You need to click on Yes to overwrite the old files with the new installation. However, we suggest you uninstall the old files and install the new one.
- After that, the select component page will display. You need to select a 64-bit version of the driver.
- If you don’t want 64 bit, then unmark the checkbox.
- You are also allowed to choose help and mutual.
- You will have a License page. Select the License type and activate the product.
- Go through the Driver Activation while installing an article for further details.
- Choose Trial and use the driver for evaluation only when you don’t have License Key.
- Click on Next.
- After that, you are required to click on Install and then finish.
You May Also Read: Download Bank Transactions into QuickBooks
Steps to configure QuickBooks ODBC Driver
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose utilities.
- After that, choose to set up ODBC in QuickBooks.
- Choose the General tab in QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Click on the use of the company file.
- Open the data source name and enter QuickBooks data.
- After that, you need to click on the test connection to QuickBooks.
- A message will display on your screen as “Test Connection to QuickBooks Successful”.
- Select Ok and the, click on apply.
- Go to the message tab and unmark the “Detail Tracking”.
- Choose the Detail Tracking and choose the Display driver status to verify the details in which ODBC is running.
- Choose Apply.
- Now, run the optimizer tab.
- Choose the user optimizer.
- Click on the query and then apply.
- In order to exit the ODBC driver set up, click on OK.
We assume that the aforementioned article helped you in knowing about QuickBooks ODBC. If you are facing any issues while installing or configuring QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC driver, then we suggest you get in touch with one of our experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-805-257-5030.